Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherrybluestar Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

May 1, 2009, 12:43 AM
    Hydroquinone Mixing!
    I need help mixing my hydroquinone powder. I need it to be VERY strong, like 10-12%. It is not for face. I have eucerin and arbutin powder. Should I mix it with kojic acid as well?
    Hellosunshine Posts: 36, Reputation: 3

May 2, 2009, 02:27 AM

CANCER!!

Are you crazy? Don't use HQ!
    PunkChic Posts: 986, Reputation: 51

May 2, 2009, 07:16 AM

Hello.

What results are you trying to achieve? Evening up? Or just lightening?

Hydroquinone is linked to cancer. There are other skin lightening ingredients out there like Kojic acid that you can use instead of HQ.
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 08:50 AM

HQ is dangerous, but it's not like if you use it today your going to die like tomorrow, I know many people that have been using HQ for over 20 years now and they are fine. Some members on this forum have been using HQ for close to 20 years now. I think you can use HQ to get to you desired colour and then use kojic acid, arbutin, lactic acid etc to maintain. How big is the jar that you are trying to mix the HQ with. I use HQ a few times a week now as I have been able to get to my desired color.

May 2, 2009, 01:04 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by lighterrr View Post
    HQ is dangerous, but it's not like if you use it today your gonna die like tommorrow, I know many people that have been using HQ for over 20 years now and they are fine. Some members on this forum have been using HQ for close to 20 years now. I think you can use HQ to get to you desired colour and then use kojic acid, arbutin, lactic acid etc to maintain. How big is the jar that you are trying to mix the HQ with. I use HQ a few times a week now as i have been able to get to my desired color.
    Not everyone is the same. Just 'cause someone has used Hydroquinone for 20 years doesn't mean someone else won't get it. But yeah, maybe using it over a shorter period might work, but it is banned in several countries including mine.
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by PunkChic View Post
    Not everyone is the same. Just 'cause someone has used Hydroquinone for 20 years doesn't mean someone else won't get it. But yeah, maybe using it over a shorter period of time might work, but it is banned in several countries including mine.
    I understand punk, but I live in Canada and it's readily available over here, I mean you walk into a black beauty store and you get everything from 2-4% + HQ, and every other skin lightening gels, creams and lotions you can think about:)
    It's like a skin lighteners heaven. LOL, right now I am trying to ween myself off HQ and trying to maintain my new colour with as much natural products as possible I'm not their but I will be soon. I do have a son to think about so I'm making the effort to go all natural.:D
    mepk5 Posts: 371, Reputation: 6

May 2, 2009, 08:14 PM

Its available here in america at 2 & 3% also.
    Anything higher u need a prescription of hq

May 3, 2009, 04:45 AM
    I understand punk, but I live in Canada and it's readily available over here, I mean you walk into a black beauty store and you get everything from 2-4% + HQ, and every other skin lightening gels, creams and lotions you can think about:)
    It's like a skin lighteners heaven. LOL, right now i am trying to ween myself off HQ and trying to maintain my new colour with as much natural products as possible I'm not their but i will be soon. I do have a son to think about so im making the effort to go all natural.:D
    HQ is banned in the UK too. But it's still readily available here in most black beauty shops. But I have heard that the police are doing random raid on these shops to get them off the shelves.
    What are you looking to use next? :)
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 08:13 AM
    HQ is banned in the UK too. But it's still readily available here in most black beauty shops. But I have heard that the police are doing random raid on these shops to get them off the shelves.
    What are you looking to use next? :)
    Well I figure now that I'm only :D maintaining my colour I'm going to continue to use 3in1 whitening soap, retina, kojic acid cream, lactic acid cream, glutha pills 1000mg and glutha injections once weekly. I figure that's as natural as it going to get for now.

May 3, 2009, 12:36 PM

Lighterr,
    Be careful. U know Im a chetah girl. I think all this stuff is unpreditable. The shots r scary.
    Im disoverering its still in my system after 4 months of use. & 3 months non use... I think once its in the skin... it will take a while to leave. So becareful. The injections just seem too intense. R there side effects? Careful!!
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 02:35 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mepk5 View Post
    Lighterr,
    be careful. U know Im a chetah girl. I think all this stuff is unpreditable. The shots r scary.
    Im disoverering its still in my system after 4 mos of use. & 3 mos non use.... I think once its in the skin.... it will take a while to leave. so becareful. The injections just seem too intense. r there side effects? careful!!!
    I have not seen any but they are made from a well know pharmaceutical company though an they came professionally package with all the manufacture information, so I'm not scared, ill let you know how it goes though:)

May 3, 2009, 08:55 PM
    Hello.

What results are you trying to achieve? Evening up? Or just lightening?

Hydroquinone is linked to cancer. There are other skin lightening ingredients out there like Kojic acid that you can use instead of HQ.

I am trying to even up. My arms are A lot darker than my face. Anybody actually have experience with mixing hq or know of a reputable place I can order hq 10%?
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 09:16 PM
    Lighterr,
    be careful. U know Im a chetah girl. I think all this stuff is unpreditable. The shots r scary.
    Im disoverering its still in my system after 4 mos of use. & 3 mos non use.... I think once its in the skin.... it will take a while to leave. so becareful. The injections just seem too intense. r there side effects? careful!!!
    Ummm wait a sec girl have you been taking the shots too.

May 3, 2009, 10:03 PM

Does it make a diffrence is she has been taking shots? I would be so afraid. U know what happened to me? All these things get in your system... who know how long & hoe powerful your skin will react... scary!
    Ultra Member

May 3, 2009, 10:09 PM
    does it make a diffrence is she has been taking shots? I would be so afraid. U know what happened to me? all these things get in your system.... who know how long & hoe powerful your skin will react.... scary!!
    I know once my sons dad see it he is going to freak and probable;y throw them away anyway, but ill rethink it though cause now your scaring me:eek:

May 4, 2009, 12:51 AM

It's a drastic procedure to just maintain. Why not take them w u. Then when u get back see if u have darkened.
    Its not enough research for me to put anything under my skin. My skin is acting up enough! Lol

May 4, 2009, 12:52 AM
    I think w r creams & soaps. ( NO DIRECT SUNLIGHT) just heat u will be fine.

May 4, 2009, 01:37 AM
    I know once my sons dad see it he is gonna freak and probable;y throw them away anyways, but ill rethink it though cause now your scaring me:eek:
    No. I'm not taking any pills. I just need results fast. I'm filming a movie in July and I want to look perfect. I just got out of the shower and my arms are flacky and peeling. I guess that means my little homemade mix is working. What products do you use to help remove the dead skin?f
    Ultra Member

May 4, 2009, 03:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cherrybluestar View Post
    No. I'm not taking any pills. I just need results fast. I'm filming a movie in july and I want to look perfect. I just got out of the shower and my arms are flacky and peeling. I guess that means my little homemade mix is working. What products do you use to help remove the dead skin?f
    I use a whole combination of stuff like 3in1 whitening soap, then I moisturize with a cream that has aloe vera, collegen and vit E

May 4, 2009, 04:29 PM

Moisturize, moisturize, moisturize LOL
    Old fashion
    Vaseline will help also... moisture is great

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Hydroquinone [ 38 Answers ]

I wonder if there are good products that conatins Hydroquinone 2 % ? For worldwide shipping, I found one site but the shipping for other coutries than Usa seems to be very hard to understand, manual shipping intructions, and you have to make everything on your own. Weight, types, and everything....

Hydroquinone USP 2% [ 5 Answers ]

Hi.. I am 24 year old girl with a brown skin. I had very slight pimple scars so I applied a medicine with hyderoquinone USP 2 % on my face and kept it over night. So,Now I ended up having more pigmentation(repigmentation) and feeling depressed with my marriage falling close in 6 months.Will this...

6% hydroquinone [ 9 Answers ]

Hello, Can someone tell me how and where to get 6% hydroquinone. I have 4% but I would like something a little stronger.

Hydroquinone [ 22 Answers ]

Hi Im new to this site. And Ive been reading some posts. In my experience a lot of over the counter bleaching brands don't help because at the most they have 2% hydroquinone and that is not enough for people such as african-americans with highly pigmented skin. I suggest going to a dermatologist....

Hydroquinone 2% [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Lots of beauty creams for dark skin contain hydroquinone 2%.word is being passed around that this chemical is accumulative and can damage the kidneys. Can anyone verify the authenticity of this claim?is it science or myth?

View more questions Search