Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ruben718 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 10:46 PM
    Mechanical protection (Residential) Underground service.
    How far must mechanical protection be provided when underground service conductors are carried up a pole?
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

May 1, 2009, 04:17 AM
    Who's pole?

If this is the utility pole then they have their own spec. Most call for ten feet up and then they take over from there.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 05:13 AM
    Up a utilty pole?

The entire height of the conductors, up to a comfortable location that the conduit can end and the conductors loop out to connect to the aerial lines.

You should need a weather cap at the end of conduit.

A limit of height may be required by the utility company, depending on the pole and any utilities that may be on it.

Consult with your utilities.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Configuration Qs on a 400Amp Residential Service [ 2 Answers ]

Hi all! Please bear with me as this could be long. I want to get all the details here. I have asked a few questions here regarding this same setup and have come a long way with it. I just kind of want to bounce this off you again to make sure it is good to go as well as I have a few other...

Residential Service Cable Type [ 11 Answers ]

Once again, a res. Question by a comm. Electrician. I have a new project relocating a meter service. The new meter will be about 25 feet from the 200A panelbox location instead of back to back. I'll wire in a 200A 2 pole breaker at the meter location as per 10 foot tap rule, and run new cable to...

Safer residential service. [ 3 Answers ]

Which is safer L1-110 L2-110 With center tap to ground Or L1-220 L2 gounded Thanks

Residential cleaning service [ 3 Answers ]

My name is Mari. I recently started a cleaning company. I have already cleaned serveral homes but I am having a hard time as to what I am suppose to charge. I do not have much experience in this field but thought it would be a good flexible job while I am in school. I have tried to get advice...

150 Amp residential service [ 1 Answers ]

What size wire is needed for a 150 amp residential service?

View more questions Search