Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stuartboyd Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 10:45 PM
    Understanding wiring diagram with a three speed capacitor controller
    I'm having difficulty understanding the wiring diagram for Hunter Pacific Typhoon ceiling fan? It has a three speed capacitor controller, I can only get it to run at one speed, that's "fast."
    I'm a retired teacher trying to save money by installing this new ceiling fan. This fan has a wall mounted speed control, and the previous one had the switch mounted on the fan and was operated by a pull switch. I decided to put an isolating switch between the mains and the controller, and when I switch the isolating switch, the fan starts at full speed, when the 2 speed controller is off. Can someone please advise me what I've done wrong?
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

May 1, 2009, 07:35 AM
    Can you please supply us with a copy of the wiring diagram and a picture of what you are trying to do, please?
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

May 4, 2009, 10:16 PM

What is an isolating switch?
    twobarrels Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 12:56 AM
    I have a red, black, and green wire coming from my fan.
    I have red, black and green also from the power point, when I hook up a 3 speed variable switch in between there is 3 wires, orange, blue and grey on the switch with a single terminal open which is for incoming power supply.
    so where do I hook the spare red wire which is coming from the fan wires too?
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Jan 18, 2013, 05:01 AM
    @twobarrels. Could you tell us what country you're in? Red and black sound like European or Australian wiring colors.
    Thanks.
    twobarrels Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 18, 2013, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyle_in_rure View Post
    @twobarrels. Could you tell us what country you're in? Red and black sound like European or Australian wiring colors.
    Thanks.
    Australia
    Kyle_in_rure Posts: 341, Reputation: 10

Jan 18, 2013, 07:10 PM
    You probably need to open a new thread; if you haven't noticed, you've piggybacked on a thread that is 4 years old. People are likely to see the date and ignore the thread.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Ceiling Fan Capacitor Speed Control [ 16 Answers ]

I have an 8 year old Harbor Breeze Fan, 3 speed, and the capacitor module shorted. Being unable to get any help from WalMart's Cust Service, I searched the internet and although I needed a 2 capacitor (1.2 uf & 2 uf) I had to settle for a 1.0 uf / 2 uf) I paralled the 1.0 with 2 0.1 uf capacitors...

Hi-speed usb host controller [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to connect to the internet by wireless adapter to a usb port,but my computer is saying that the internet would be running at low speed because there is no hi-speed usb port and that a hi-speed usb host controller is needed.can someone tell me what the hi-speed usb host controller is and...

Speed Fan (Cpu Fan Controller) [ 1 Answers ]

In Speedfan, It has 5 speed settings, and none of them work to change the fan speed. How would I fix this problem?

Need 3 speed ceiling fan switch wiring diagram [ 2 Answers ]

Wire colors are: black, grey, green and brown

Ceiling fan: change capacitor for single speed [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Loyal Products made in Taiwan fan with melted 4 wire capacitor. The capacitor has blue wire in and red 4uF, white 4.5uF and yellow 5uF wires out. This is connected to a two layer switch by the red and yellow wire. The white capacitor wire connects to a red wire going into the motor. My...

View more questions Search