Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    granda_l Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 06:12 PM
    Asphalt over concrete
    Is it safe to pour asphalt over concrete?
    sabrewolfe Posts: 420, Reputation: 96

Apr 30, 2009, 06:17 PM
    Absolutely, I have been a construction manager in the industry for a while. Molten asphat will adhere to concrete easily.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Concrete Over Asphalt? [ 5 Answers ]

My driveway is in need of repair. It is a straightforward enough job, being only 25' X 16'. I was going to have the old, existing asphalt resurfaced with a fresh coat. Simple and at a reasonable cost. However, my wife wants something a bit more elegant and, of course, expensive. I checked out...

Concrete over asphalt [ 8 Answers ]

I have a garage that has an asphalt floor. The thickness is unknown but it is very uneven. It appears that someone has taken a hand stomper to flatten it down. I have heard that it is not wise to pour concrete over asphalt. First of all I would like to know why it is not wise to pour concrete over...

Concrete over asphalt [ 4 Answers ]

I have a back porch that is asphalt, I would like to put concrete over it. The asphalt is in good condition with only a few dips in it. The area is 12'x 17'. Can I use a self leveling cement, How thick will it be. Some furniture and walking only no cars will go on it.

Concrete over Asphalt [ 1 Answers ]

I need to pour a 7'X10' (6"deep) concrete slab over an existing asphalt surface. I would rather not break up the asphalt, but pour on top of it. Is it ok to secure the slab in place prior to pouring by drilling and inserting 4" vertical re-bar spikes into the asphalt and then pouring over the 4"...

Concrete over asphalt [ 3 Answers ]

I would like to pour concrete over an asphalt drive, the asphalt is beyond repair. Is this possible? Do I need to prepare the asphalt in any way?

View more questions Search