Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Sep 21, 2006, 07:50 PM
    Mail time USA to Australia
    I don't know if I'm in the right subject but
    How long does it take for a letter for the USA to get to Australia?:confused:
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 22, 2006, 03:06 AM
    Here are the various mailing methods and estimated delivery times for usps:
    http://www.usps.com/business/mailing...oductsservices
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 22, 2006, 07:09 AM
    Figure a minimum of 4 business days:

Day1:
    Letter is placed in mailbox. Letter is picked up by carrier. Letter is received in Post Office. Letter is bundled into International Drop

Day2:
    Letter is placed on plane. Plane lands in Australia

Day3:
    Letter is delivered to Aussie postal authorities and routed to local PO

Day4:
    Letter is delivered to recipient.

Its possible, with the right timing that you might cut a day off, if the letter was deposited and sent to an airport all in the same day.

Its also possible that you could add several days. If the letter was mailed from a rural PO, it might be the third day before it actually gets to an airport. Same goes on the other end.

Or it could take months or years. There have been cases of mail taking so long to be delivered.
    Phoenix25 Posts: 203, Reputation: 5

Sep 22, 2006, 03:19 PM
    Thank you this helps a lot!!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

E-Mail notifications [ 1 Answers ]

I have windows 98 and use Yahoo e mail. How do I program so I get e-mail notifications While I'm using computer?

Computer won't start up first time, but will second time [ 8 Answers ]

So this is a completely different computer first off. When I press the power button, everything powers up, but the computer does not post, or beep. If you leave the computer on for like 10 seconds, turn it off, and then turn it immediately back on, it turns on, posts, beeps, boots into Windows...

Part time or full time resident? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, I am a student in PA and spent about 3 months in New York during the summer for an internship. Since my primary domicile was still in PA (since I had to return for the next year of classes), am I a resident of PA for the full year or a part year resident? Likewise when I file state tax...

Voice mail [ 1 Answers ]

Does anyone know how to retrieve lost voice mail from the alltel phone service? It has a lost business phone number from January 1, 2005 that was deleted by mistake.

Getting back a sent e-mail [ 5 Answers ]

Hello.. Is there any way to unsend a sent e-mail. I just sent a nasty e-mail to someone because I misunderstood something that someone else said. I would like her to not read it but. I thought there was a way to do it if you were using a certain e-mail program but I can't really remember. ...

View more questions Search