Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ddeenie65 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 06:33 PM
    Getting out of mortgage to move
    My name is john wilt sr, my family and I want to move out of state June 2007 but we still owe on a mortgage trying to find answer to this how do I move and not owe nothing,
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Sep 21, 2006, 06:55 PM
    You sell the house and pay off the mortgage.
    CaptainForest Posts: 3,645, Reputation: 393
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2006, 08:30 PM
    I agree with Fr Chuck.

Sell the house, then take the money and pay off the mortgage. And the difference, you can pocket that.

But don't forget, you will have to pay taxes on the sale.

If you sell the house for $300,000 and you paid $200,000 when you bought it, you will be paying tax on $100,000. Your tax rate on that $100,000 will depend where you live.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Foreclosure on mortgage [ 2 Answers ]

My Mother has sold her House, and carried the mortgage Herself. I have Power of attorney over Her, and She is now unable to handle her Finances. The mortgage payment is over a month overdue. I sent the buyer A certified letter,letting Her know that I was handeling Mother's finances At this...

To move or not to move - Tub Drain [ 3 Answers ]

Hi there, I am installing a 72" soaker tub into a properly roughed in basement bathroom. The soaker tub's drain is not in the traditional spot and is positioned in the middle of the length of the bath. I have a 2" snub up located about 24-30" from where my tub drain will sit. Do I have to cut up...

Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

I want to add my friend to my mortgage loan. How do I do this?

Mortgage [ 1 Answers ]

What will my payment be like on a 80/20 interest loan @7%?

Name on Mortgage vs. Name on Title [ 1 Answers ]

We are getting ready to buy a house and because one of us has poor credit, the mortgage will only be in one of our names. In a case like this, is it possible to list both people on the title? Thanks

View more questions Search