Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    imransem Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 12:29 PM
    Don't have words to talk girls
    Hi all,.

Actually I have a problem with myself, I can start talking with girl... but the problem is that I don't have ANY topic which we talk more.. bcoz some gave ans. Is in yes or no... so I just want that anybody help me to kill this heritation... my mind is confused what I talk what I do to laugh her??

Thanks in advance
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 12:39 PM

Actually, you don't have to do much talking, because girls LOVE to talk. All you have to do is have sparkly eyes, an interested expression on your face, a smile once in a while, and be able to say (when she takes a breath now and then) things like, "Tell me more" or "Wow! That's interesting!" or "Then what happened?" or just "Oooh" or "Aaah" (at appropriate places in her monologue).

As you LISTEN to her, you will learn about her, and then future conversations will become much easier.
    I wish Posts: 5,296, Reputation: 2030
    Family & People Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 12:44 PM

Try to ask none yes or no questions. When you ask open ended questions, they will lead you to what topic they want to talk about. Just listen carefully.

I think every guy has at some point had trouble talking to girls. You just need more practice and experience. Just keep getting out there.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 12:45 PM

Indeed... spark up a convesation, pop your ear plugs in, and let the girl talk until her lips turn blue... your job is merely to pop in the sprinkled comments.. "Cool" or "Wow" or "Did you really?"... :cool:

In all seriousness, you do want to pay attention. You can pick up on things as she is saying for other avenues to direct the conversation towards. Practice makes perfect too! Don't go into it expecting to get her number, just be polite, approach as a friend, and go from there. Look at them as just another person, don't be nervous. Most girls LOVE to talk about themselves.

Apr 30, 2009, 01:20 PM

One thing when I do online chat at Yahoo I feel same prob.. don't have word to say... I just want to understand them... tell me how's I can understand them?? What she need?? And what topic laugh her??
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 01:26 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by imransem View Post
    one thing when i do online chat at yahoo i feel same prob.. dont have word to say... i just want to understand them.... tell me hows i can understand them??? what she need??? and what topic laugh her????
    Ask her if she has a pet cat or dog or any pet. If she does, ask questions about it.

Ask her what is her favorite food and how she likes it prepared.

Ask her how she would spend the perfect day.

Ask her what her perfect vacation would be.

Ask her to name some of her favorite books when she was little.

Ask her questions that you would like me to ask you if we were chatting. What do I want to know about YOU?

Apr 30, 2009, 01:31 PM

Thanks you all to give me your important time THANKS A LOT

Plzzz help me more and more its my beginning...
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 01:34 PM

What interests do you have ?Ask her if she likes some of the things you like.
    People always feel at ease when talking about their hobbies and shared interests.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 03:52 PM

How old are you??
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 06:08 PM
    one thing when i do online chat at yahoo i feel same prob.. dont have word to say... i just want to understand them.... tell me hows i can understand them??? what she need??? and what topic laugh her????
    I was thinking the same Tal.

Topic that she will laugh about depends on how long have you known her and your sense of humor.

As mention above, girls love to talk about themselves and it's easier to keep the ball rolling. That is if they want to talk to you.

First thing to consider is: where did you meet the girl. If you met her for the first time, it's always safe to appear friendly and not someone who stares from head to toe. It looks creepy. Look good, smile too and be natural. If you have common friend, that eases some discomfort.

If this person is someone you see a lot but just didn't have a chance to speak to her, just ask basic questions about the day. Say "Did our teacher gave an assignment. i wasn't around yesterday.", " Are you waiting for someone?", " Do you have plans next week? Our friend Henry is throwing a party on Tuesday. Will you come?"

It would be more helpful if you'll give little background about the girl you like.

May 1, 2009, 04:46 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by talaniman View Post
    How old are you???

I am 22 yers old...
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 05:34 AM
    i am 22 yers old........
    Look, all dudes go through a period when we are afraid, or nervous, or whatever you may call it, about talking to a woman. It is natural. The key issue here is being comfortable with yourself, and not getting expectations up. Some people compare it to talking in front of a crowd. Your heart is beating a bit faster, you get flustered, nervous, your words jumble up, but just remember to RELAX and have confidence in yourself. It is fun to get to know people, period, so enjoy that process rather than looking at if for something it isn't intended to be.

Girls can sniff self confidence like sharks can smell blood, and low self confidence will for sure drive them away. Practice, in social settings, just talking to random people. What is the worst that can happen?
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 07:10 AM

Women LOVE to talk, if you ask appropriate open ended questions. Continue the conversation based on the things you pick up from her. If she is interested in you, she will start asking you questions.

While you do this, try and throw in a funny comment to make her laugh. Be careful with this part, as you don't want to come off as a jerk. Laughter is the fastest way to a woman's heart.

Easy questions and topics to start conversation include:

1. Hey, my name is "blank". How are you?

Followed by and of the topics/questions below:

2. Common location (Why is she here at this bar or event?)
    3. Common event (What does she think about the band, or event?)
    4. NICE comments and questions about something she is wearing (T-shirt with slogan, hats, sport team clothing, jewelry, etc.. ). Find out the story behind them.
    5. Ask her a question about something you want the answer to, that she may or may not have, and then follow up with another question or funny comment.

These are just some of the topics and questions I start with just to get them talking. Then like others have said, you build from there based on what THEY say or ask you. Smile and be polite. Throw some eye contact in there and you're in.

For me the hardest part is actually going up to them. Some days I can with out a problem, other days I can't. The best time to approach women is when you feel like you're on top of the world and when your confidence really shows. Days where you feel down, depressed, or in a bad mood will not help.

Good Luck.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 07:20 AM

You could ask a thousand questions to people, not just girls. Broaden your social avenues, ask about where they grew up, family life(not prying), pets, brothers, sisters, their old school, favorite sport team, anything. Conversations are easy, just got to hone your communication skills better. You think I became so talkative to everyone by birth? No way, I honed this skill and now I never stop. It's a sad disease that my fiancé yells at me all the time for.

May 1, 2009, 09:39 AM
    But I know that and use it but after it I don't have words, like our starting is cool but after an hour or 15 minutes she feel bore with me and left me...

U tell me only starting topics, I want to know middle level topics
    jmw0713 Posts: 1,012, Reputation: 305
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 11:51 AM

You are talking too long. Are you only talking on the phone?

Does this have to do with a particular girl you are trying to get with?

Are you talking this long with girls at the places you meet them?

Maybe you just don't have enough in common with this person and it would be best to try someone else.

If you are just meeting them for the first time, talk with them long enough (10 minutes or so) to get their contact information. Then contact them sometime in the next few days when you want to hang out. If you're talking with them for any longer than that, like an hour, that is way too much!

Of course you will run out of things to talk about after meeting someone the first time...
    At the beginning, you do not know the person. As you "get to know" the new person, the conversations will get better.

The whole evening does not have to be filled with constant conversation. When you are out with them, be observant of your surroundings and talk about that. If you hear a song on the radio or saw something on TV last night, talk about that. There is some much to talk about. Talk about family, friends, dogs, cats, sports, movies, aliens... (maybe not so much). Just dig around in your head, and find something to bring up.

The best advise I can tell you is just go with the flow of the situation. If she is in to you, she will listen and add to the conversation.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This song is stuck in my head don't know words or name [ 1 Answers ]

All I know about this song is this girl asks this guy to wait for her because apparently she is too young for him he tells her he can't wait and leaves finds out he is not happy where he is and goes back to see that girl and she tells him she couldn't wait for him to come back and she got married I...

How to talk to girls [ 4 Answers ]

I love a specific girl. Though every time I try to talk to her, I find myself fidgeting with discomfort and without enough confidence to say more than hello. How do I get confident talking to girls?

What do girls like to talk about? [ 3 Answers ]

Why is it hard for nice guys to find ladys?? What do most girl like to talk about?? R what make them like you??

View more questions Search