Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    XOXOlove Posts: 830, Reputation: 131

Apr 30, 2009, 12:32 PM

I don't think you should have went back to your ex. People who are abusive and manipulative don't usually change. They might come off as a normal and nice person and say"i can change" but they don't. If he abused you before there is a chance that he might do it again.
    mia_seeley Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

May 8, 2009, 02:36 PM
    How do you tell if a guy is hitting on you
    I was out with a couple of friends and I am pretty sure my friends boyfriend was hitting on me. He was really flirty kept texting me and when all 7 of us pack into the car I was practically forced to sit on his lap and he kept touching me and like rubbing on me. What are othwer signs of guys hitting gon a chick and how do you tell if a guy is hitting on you
    lala55555 Posts: 28, Reputation: 0
    -

May 8, 2009, 04:23 PM

Well they could flirt and all and then they mite tell u
    Bluerose Posts: 1,521, Reputation: 310
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 06:20 PM

This is your friends boyfriend therefore he shouldn’t be hitting on you. If you have any self respect tell him where to get off. And just for future reference, when a boy is hitting on you, likes you and wants to be with you, you’ll feel a tingling in your stomach. Learn to trust your own instincts, your own gut feeling. And don’t allow your mates boyfriends to flirt with you because you are letting your friend down - and yourself.
    Macguyver258 Posts: 9, Reputation: 3

May 8, 2009, 08:15 PM

Q. How do you tell if a guy is hitting on you?

A. His lips are moving.

May 13, 2009, 10:08 AM
    What to do
    I have a guy that treats me good and loves me more than I could even imagine. He treats me good doesn't hit on me or make fun of me even in a playful way we have been together on and off for five years and that is one because we were maturing and because of me. He treats me a lot better than any other man ever has but yet I still find myself lonely depressed hurt and broken. I don't know what the hell to.(excuse my language) I'm depressed for almost no reason. I'm always tired and want to sleep what do I do? I want to be as good to him as he is to me but I am so afraid of falling in love it's stupid. I mean I love him and all and I want to be with him forever I just don't get why I have to be debbie downer:(:confused:
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

May 13, 2009, 10:13 AM

Perhaps you need to speak to a professional
    taoplr Posts: 415, Reputation: 144

May 13, 2009, 10:45 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mia_seeley View Post
    yet i still find myself lonely depressed hurt and broken.... i'm depressed for almost no reason. i'm always tired and want to sleep ...
    Go see your doctor or a therapist and get a blood test. You could have hormone imbalances, nutritional issues, or some other physical condition that makes you feel that way. You could be draining yourself by not sleeping enough or something like that. A good doc will help you sort yourself out.

While you are figuring out your medical condition, your fear of falling in love is another matter. You clearly appreciate this guy, his gentleness and respect, but his love for you is not the remedy for your depression. Your remedy could be mental, physical, emotional, spiritual, relational, or a combination of these. If it isn't about your body's chemistry, the remedy will come from within you. No relationship can solve the problems of growing up.

Just make sure that you treat him right while figuring out what to do to feel better.

Jun 26, 2009, 09:23 AM
    The ex boy friend confussion
    OK I guess I'll just dive in and tell you. Lol. OK I was with this guy for two years and we broke up because of the way he treated me. It was a big love huge love the good love. We broke up in August of 2008 and ever since it's been on again off again. Recently I filed a restraining order because my current boyfriend wouldn't shut up. We think that he shot out chris' window in his truck. And before he had kicked in the front door at chris' house. There were many ups and down in our relationship but looking back now all I remember was the good stuff the stuff that would be love. For example laying in the hammock for hours on end staring at the blue sky and talking about the future. And time we went to the lake and played for hours on end looking at each other with such love and understanding. Why I gave it up I'm not exactly sure. Maybe it was when we moved in together things went wrong. I did all the cooking all the cleaning yeah we went out and had fun but looking back cleaning wasn't bad niether was cooking I think it was maybe the fact that he expected me to do it. Or maybe it was the arguments and him hitting things when we got into fights. I mean at least it wasn't me. I'm so confussed and I hate being with the guy I am with right now. But if I leave him I cna't go back to the other because of the restraining order and if I do it gets lifted and not there when I need it. I'm so confussed what do I do? I need another perspective on the relationship an un bias opinion. Kind of hearing only my side makes it a little bias already
    Justwantfair Posts: 3,422, Reputation: 944
    Ultra Member

Jun 26, 2009, 09:30 AM
    Run from both.
    This post yells no self-esteem.
    You have one guy that you have a restraining order against but want back, but won't life the R/O cause then it won't be there when you need it.
    Another boyfriend that you hate being with.

I think the problem is you.
    You don't love yourself or care about yourself enough to know that you deserve an equal and happy relationship. The catch is that you can't have an equal and happy relationship until you love yourself.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jun 26, 2009, 10:51 AM

Ask Me Help Desk - Search Results

Your posts are very confusing, and all have different stories. Are you the only one on your computer? Are you still pregnant? Are your parents dead, or divorced??

Jul 8, 2009, 09:45 AM
    I need assitance with a couple things
    I have no idea where to start when it comes to starting over and dumping my boyfriend. I mean I really don't have any idea where to start I wish there was like a guide to starting over. This is what I want to accomplish.

1. I want to get rid of crazy ex boyfriend even though I already have a PPO (personal protection order) on him. He's getting people to call my phone constantly and it's keeping me up all hours of the night. Not to mention he is trying to appeal the order and in which case he can follow me stalk me etc.

2. I want to get rid of my current boyfriend. He's clingy, obsessive, annoying, talks too much, nothing attractive about him, enjoys nothing but video games and being lazy and being with him I've gained 30 lbs because he's not active what so ever and doesn't let me leave the house.

3. I want to move but I don't have a job both of these guys know where I live and can come over at any time. I just can't say no. For those of you reading some of my other post it's the suicidal current boyfriend and the abusive ex. My parents are dead to me thought I could clear that up and no I'm not pregnant I did end up beating up the guy who played his game on me. I want to move over an hour away to be closer to a guy I am really interested in. but it sounds weird but he did tell me that dating him would be hard because of the distance.I wish he would just tell me f I moved if we would start dating. Oh did I mention I don't have a car or my license because current boyfriend forgot to pay my ticket that was his fault.

I'm so confused and don't know what to do.
    Please help
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Jul 8, 2009, 09:49 AM

Honestly? I think you do need a fresh start... but away from the men in your life, period. ALL of them. Including the "potential new guy."

You need to work on getting yourself back. Not being wrapped up in being a girlfriend, but in being a successful, secure woman.

I'd recommend looking for a job in another place, another city, someplace where you can focus on you... not on your ex, your current BF, or the maybe guy, but on YOU.
    Torrid13 Posts: 637, Reputation: 149

Jul 8, 2009, 10:03 AM

I think you need to take control of your life, and responsibility for it.

While I can understand about a crazy ex, I'm not sure I can believe that you gained 30lbs because you could never get out of the house and not be "active." Even if you really couldn't, what was stopping you from exercising in your house?

Also, it's YOUR car, not your boyfriends. I don't know. Maybe I forgot to eat my Wheaties this morning.

In any case, yeah, forget about being in relationships right now. You need to figure out what you even want first in a man before pursuing another a relationship, but more importantly, taking your life back.
    dreamingartist Posts: 104, Reputation: 54

Jul 8, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Sounds like every guy is obsessive, past, present, future. Sounds like you are a pleaser and you get satisfaction and esteem from doing whatever the guy wants so you feel accepted. I bet you can't go 2 solid months alone without another boyfriend... what you need is a ENTIRE YEAR being single. With no dating or boyfriends... otherwise you will just pick any new guy who shows interest and never qualify the leads...

2 crazy boyfriends. No relationship with parents (they are dead to you - big red flag), beat your boyfriend (abuse - another red flag).

Current BF is suicidal... did you qualify him as not being crazy, or did you meet him, date him, and find out later. Last BF is psycho and stalks you.. did you qualify him and get to know him, or did you just start dating and now stuck with the problems... the new guy lives a hour away and now your going to meet him and start a new life...

Oct 8, 2009, 12:42 PM
    He's not being direct
    OK there this guy we've had kind of bumpy relations and well now he's getting divorced and he's in prison we have been writing back and forth now for a couple months and he's saying a lot of things that I'm not quite sure understand.

First let me explain the whole situation... when I was 15-16 years old this woman asked me to come baby sit for her. I knew her through work so I said OK why not and started babysitting for her and her husband every other Saturday for about a year. Over that year her husband and I started sleeping together. Crazy I know especially at 16 it's wrong blah blah blah not that point anyway a lot of things were said between the two of us and be talked all the time I felt comfortable with this man and I felt safe. Well things didn't turn out so good and my parents found out got the law involved and now he's in prison. I found out where he was and started writing. O told him of heart aches and he feelings I had for him and how I feel now(which is similar if not stronger)and he's aid things like I loved you back in a way or things like I will care for your heart as long as you will let me I have a whole box full of letters that just say things along the border line of caring and loving. He's also told me he has the pictures of me arranged on his bunk so he can sleep with me in sight and wakes up to me first in the morning. I've said things about places we used to go and about disappearing together and he agreed I'm just so confused and don't know what to do I want to let myself fall back in love with him but am unsure how he really feels he's technically still married but she's divorcing him so I need your help these things he's said I can't analyze them because of my screwed visions of love and lust I need your help
    nicola121516 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 8, 2009, 12:51 PM

If he was sleeping with u behind his wife's back could u ever trust him to not do the same to you ? Not only that people say things that are not true why they are in there its called jail talk..
    Gemini54 Posts: 2,871, Reputation: 1116
    Ultra Member

Oct 8, 2009, 07:30 PM
    Whoa! Stop right now and take a really deep breath. I've had a quick look at your other posts and you're right, you have a really screwed view of love and lust.

All her posts have been merged together.

This guy reeks of trouble. Firstly this guy is in prison and let me tell you any woman looks good to a guy in prison. Secondly he was having sex with you when he was married and you were underage. Huge red flag. Thirdly he's says he's getting divorced, but he's still married. An even bigger red flag.

Cheaters and liars do not make good partners.

You keep rushing into relationships without thinking. It seems as if you're unable to be on your own and you feel like you're incomplete without a man. You fall in 'love' with anyone that shows the slightest interest in you and you allow them to treat you dreadfully. This pattern is not healthy and it's not good for you emotionally, physically or spiritually.

Please get some assistance from a professional counselor to work through your unhealthy relationship patterns. You will never be able to have the sort of love you desire until you can have a good relationship with yourself and make healthy choices in life and in love.

Forget the guy in jail - he's poison. Start making healthy choices from today.
    Cat1864 Posts: 8,007, Reputation: 3687
    Marriage Expert

Oct 8, 2009, 08:13 PM
    How old are you?

I fully agree with Gemini that you need counseling at the very least. Especially, if you are about to become a mother (said she was 12 weeks pregnant in September).
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Oct 9, 2009, 09:31 PM

Where ever you are, please get some help in straightening your life out, and leaving the dead end loser guys alone. Please contact your local family services office and get the help and guidance you need.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

At home jobs good thing? Or a bad thing? [ 5 Answers ]

I have a two month old little girl, and a job I have had for almost 4 years. When I first found out I was pregnant my boss and I sat down and discussed my future with the company. We decided that after my maternity leave I would come back part time (20 hours) until January of 2009. I am now back...

Does this HAVE to be a bad thing? [ 14 Answers ]

By day, I teach junior high. By night (on weekends), I'm a bouncer at a couple of nightclubs. I remain dedicated to my Christian principles throughout it all as best I can. Just now in the teacher's lounge, a teacher expressed shock and disgust at my part time job. "How can you brawl all...

And another thing. [ 14 Answers ]

If I'm elected Governor, I'll have special lanes put in for people who know where they're going! Anybody heard of Blanding Boulevard? If I had a rocket launcher... And, this is for the NASCAR fans, if someone cuts you off while using their cell phone instead of their turn signal, you should...

View more questions Search