Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rdvelas Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 11:04 AM
    What is an afffidavit of opposition and how to do one?
    I let a friend of mine use my credit card,but I took her to court because did no make the payments. I went to court, but she did not show up, and the judge made his desicion base on my statements on my favor, now she appealed and we when to court again but for my sorprise she brough a lawyer, but the arbitrator asked if I want to vacate the judge's decision and start over again, but I decided not to do so. The arbitrato, then, asked to send to muy fiend's lawyer an affidavid of opposition, I did not Know what is that and how to write one.
    Thank to any one who help me to understand this matter because I am repreenting my self, due to I can not afford a lawyer righ now.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

May 1, 2009, 06:43 AM

Hello rd:

An appeal does NOT turn into an arbitration. It's an APPEAL. You need to explain further.

excon

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Defendant opposition of motion seeking a default judgement [ 3 Answers ]

Need effective resons to oppose a default judgement where the plaintiff claims no response. I claim inproper service and i answered late

Motion for Opposition [ 2 Answers ]

I live in Florida, seminole county, with all the foreclosures going on, we got stuck in the midle of all this not being our fault. I currently have a private attorney handling this matter, but I am convinced that he did not file our discovery. After meeting with him, he states he did file the...

Need motion in opposition to defendants motion for summary judgement & TO STOP Thief [ 5 Answers ]

Good day all,received a motion in the mail "plaintiff's motion for default judgement as to defendents xxxxxx,xxxxxx,xxxxxx, and judgement on the pledings as to defendant xxxxxxx (state gov agency that sold the tax deed ) this case is about a overlooked tax lein sold against my grandmothers house ...

View more questions Search