Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 09:20 AM
    Window Material
    We had a window guy come in and do an estimate to have side-sliding windows added to our screened porch/Florida room. The sample he showed was was a mid weight vinyl. Springy and soft - stretched pretty well.

Does anyone have advice on this type of pane? We were originally thinking plexiglass.

The room will be a playroom for young kids, so glass is out of the question. We were told that the vinyl can be punctured but is easy and inexpensive to replace (the panes were constructed like a screen)

Heat retention is not a high priority, but keeping some AC contained is always good. The panes can be removed for high wind situations.

Basically what we're asking is that should we explore other materials (we could also construct panes of whatever material we want since the frames are the expensive/difficult part) or is vinyl a good option?

Thanks for any input.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 30, 2009, 09:25 AM

Don't have many ideas about this but I can tell you from experience that real plexiglass is frightfully expensive and I mean frightfully! Costs probably 4X-5X more than glass would cost.

Ask them if they have a heavier weight plastic.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to close all the childwindows(popup window) when closing the parent window [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, all In javascript I need to close all the child windows that I have opened through a parent window Scenario: Here I will be having as many as child window opened and name given to the child window can not be tracked because each will be having a different name, and I am using 70 to...

Material name [ 2 Answers ]

Thinking Putty Now I know there is a technical name for a material displaying these properties, but I can't remember it. Any ideas.

How I know the raw material [ 1 Answers ]

Hello I want to know if I buy a t-shirt,there is write 100% is cotton,, but is there any method I can check it ?how can I prove the raw material in label is real? Thanks

View more questions Search