Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    DC081455 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 08:15 AM
    House Fire
    On April 22nd, 2009 the House I lived in burned down. I was renting the house which was built in the 1920's. I was away on vacation in Mexico when this took place. I did not have renter's insurance. Can I sue the owner's homeowner's insurance for damages, assuming old and faulty wiring was the cause?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 30, 2009, 08:25 AM

You can sue anyone for practically anything. The question is whether you can win. You would need to be able to prove negligence on the part of the property owner. You would have to prove that the property had been cited for inadequate wiring and that the owner was aware of it and did nothing.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Anybody got a sure fire way to get rid of fleas in the house? [ 9 Answers ]

My cat brought fleas into my home. He has since then been bathed and had a fresh flea collar put on. It seems to be working, although I do find one or two on him every now an then therefore I have banished him from the house until I can comb him and not find a single flea. My problem lies...

How do you get rid of smoke smell after house fire? [ 4 Answers ]

House is pretty much gutted. Need to get smoke smell out of my running watch, book bag, and heart rate monitor. What's the best way to do that? Thanks! Rob

I lost all my immigration paperwork in the house fire [ 11 Answers ]

Hello there, I suffered a house fire and lost all of my immigration paperwork in the fire and I have a temporary green card which I got it through a marriage and expires in January 2009. I am also middle of a divorce period which will be final before the expiration date on my green card. I had...

Dogs/cats in house fire [ 2 Answers ]

Here is a kit that can be ordered for free from the ASpCA.ASPCA: Free Pet Rescue Sticker I have these stickers on both the front and back door of my home. The reason for writing this post is there was a fire on my street today. These people owned a cat... the house 30 feet to the left has a dog....

Fire Damage to House [ 5 Answers ]

An apartment building housing 3 families caught on fire next door to a house that I own and collapsed and burned to the ground. According to the final fire report, the cause of the fire cannot be determined. There was extensive damage to my house, and it is considered a total loss. The owner of...

View more questions Search