Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    geribun Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 06:50 AM
    Deck of card probability
    Michael is cutting a deck of cards for $1,000. What is the probability that the card is a face card?
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 06:58 AM

There are 12 face cards in a deck. There are 52 cards in a deck (no jokers). The probability of finding a face card in one try is, therefore

Hope he doesn't bet the bank.
    geribun Posts: 5, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 08:12 AM

Could you please show me how to calculate this:

The quality control process at a manufacturing plant requires that each lot of finished units be sampled for defective items. Twenty units from each lot are inspected. If five or more defective units are found, the lot is rejected. If a lot is known to contain 10% defective items, what is the probability that the lot will be rejected and accepted?
    adam_89 Posts: 1,866, Reputation: 280
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 08:21 AM

If you are doing math homework, we can't give you answers but try to help explain it
    galactus Posts: 2,271, Reputation: 282
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 06:13 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by geribun View Post
    Could you please show me how to calculate this:

The quality control process at a manufacturing plant requires that each lot of finished units be sampled for defective items. Twenty units from each lot are inspected. If five or more defective units are found, the lot is rejected. If a lot is known to contain 10% defective items, what is the probability that the lot will be rejected and accepted?

Answered here:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/mathem...ms-347970.html

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

PROBABILITY deck of cards [ 4 Answers ]

In a card deck, what is the probability of drawing a 3 or king from a deck without replacement? Drawing at least one king when you draw cards from a standard deck 20 times; assume you replace the card each time you draw, so there are always 52 cards to draw from? please help me break this...

Probability with a deck of cards [ 1 Answers ]

With two cards being dealt successively, without replacement, from a 52 card (standard) deck. The probability of being dealt a club SECOND, given you were dealt a diamond FIRST. How would this be set up? How can I figure this out?

Probability with deck of cards [ 2 Answers ]

What is the probability of drawing 3 cards that are all queens from a deck of cards?

Probability using deck of cards [ 1 Answers ]

hi well I really need help with this homework because my teacher kept on explaining something and I just don't get it! With replacement: 1. 2Queens 4/52*4/52 I get that part.. but this.. 2. 2 clubs 3. an ace and then a 2

Probability of selecting cards from a deck [ 2 Answers ]

Separate the 12 face cards from the rest of the deck. Assume that the remaining cards have been shuffled. Select THREE cards from the pile of face cards. How many ways are there of selecting one of each face card from the pile. Second question: How many ways are there of selecting three of the...

View more questions Search