Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 06:14 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Just Dahlia View Post
    I really need to get to Ireland, don't know why, it's just something I feel.:confused: I have a pull to see the lands. Weird Huh? ('I' before 'E' except after 'C', again weird)

I also want to win the Lottery, so that everyone I love will be OK after I'm no longer here to help them (not that I'm a lot of help), but I need to know that they will all be OK.

I also want to be Truely Happy with everything. Good luck with that...*I say to myself*
    Cool! I have been writing a book on and off for years and I too one day hope to publish.
    I think Ireland would be a beautiful place to visit.I understand they are the dearest people and so super friendly! I hope all your dreams come true!
    Just Dahlia Posts: 2,155, Reputation: 445
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 07:54 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    Cool! I have been writing a book on and off for years and I too one day hope to publish.
    I think Ireland would be a beautiful place to visit.I understand they are the dearest people and so super friendly! I hope all your dreams come true!
    Thank You! I hope they do also, and the same to you, everyone has to have dreams and hopefully they will come true.
    I've seen some of your Artwork and what I have seen is beautiful, thank you for sharing.
    Stringer Posts: 3,733, Reputation: 770
    Business Expert

May 1, 2009, 08:00 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by HistorianChick View Post
    Thanks! Yes, the Great Wall was one of the best.

I actually leave for China in 12 days! Going as a leader of a college summer team. We'll be there for three weeks. Itinerary includes the Great Wall, Forbidden City, Summer Palace, Beijing, Shanghai, terraced rice fields in small southern village, and bucus of travel. CAN'T WAIT TO GET BACK!!! :D
    Have fun HC and please be careful hon.
    Business Expert

May 1, 2009, 08:02 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by kctiger View Post
    indeed....:d
    Bingo...
    Business Expert

May 1, 2009, 08:05 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ordinaryguy View Post
    Be well-loved by those who know me best.
    That's a good one Guy...
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 01:14 AM

All these bookworms on here :eek: I wouldn't know where to start writing about my life...

I think it would only be about 2 chapters long...
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2009, 12:22 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    Have you already written the book Alty, or are you talking about the biography?
    Get writing girl! We wanna read lol
    I've written a children's book, have made a teeny effort to get it published, but I could do a lot more. I'm afraid of rejection, don't like it.

I'd post it here but it's 5 typed pages long and also I'm not yet protected from having it stolen (whatever the heck they call it, I know the word but it's trapped in my wee head).

I'm more then willing to send it to you and a handful of others on this site that I trust, but I'm not willing to make it public, I worked hard at it, want the credit if it gets published. ;)
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 12:24 PM

That would be great Alty, I would love to read it. Are you doing the illustrating aswel, your artwork is awesome!
    Good on you for writing it!
    Don't be afraid of rejection! They get so many books half the time I don't think they even read them properly before they reject them.

EDIT - it's a children's book so... bunnies? :D lol
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2009, 12:30 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    That would be great Alty, I would love to read it. Are you doing the illustrating aswel, your artwork is awesome!
    Good on you for writing it!
    Don't be afraid of rejection! They get so many books half the time I don't think they even read them properly before they reject them.

EDIT - it's a childrens book so... bunnies? :D lol
    The artwork is what's holding me back. I have the whole books artwork in my head but can't seem to do it justice on paper. It's frustrating.

You would think it would be about a bunny, but no, it's about a duck. It's actually funny how the book came to be. It happened in one of our chat threads. I have Startover22 and Starby to thank for it.

It was Canada day, the Canadians call themselves Canucks, don't know why, we just do. Anyway, Starty came on and said "I want to wish all my Canduck friends a happy Canada day". Starby came on and said "I'm a duck?" and that's how it all started. Thanks to one little typo I got my idea.

Starby has been a duck ever since and that's how I got the inspiration for the book. It's about a little duck with a star on it's back, a Starduck. :)

Silly how I come up with these things. :)
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    The artwork is what's holding me back. I have the whole books artwork in my head but can't seem to do it justice on paper. It's frustrating.

You would think it would be about a bunny, but no, it's about a duck. It's actually funny how the book came to be. It happened in one of our chat threads. I have Startover22 and Starby to thank for it.

It was Canada day, the Canadians call themselves Canucks, don't know why, we just do. Anyway, Starty came on and said "I want to wish all my Canduck friends a happy Canada day". Starby came on and said "I'm a duck?" and that's how it all started. Thanks to one little typo I got my idea.

Starby has been a duck ever since and that's how I got the inspiration for the book. It's about a little duck with a star on it's back, a Starduck. :)

Silly how I come up with these things. :)
    Inspiration always comes from something we would never expect.That sounds so cute.

I think we should start a thread where we write a children's book as a whole.Or an adult book,with lots of helpful relationship advice thrown in for good measure.

A communal effort.One person starts and the next adds on until we have our book done.

Clearly,everyone here has great writing skills and creative thinking.we prove that with our thoughtful answers. What do you think, a book from the amhd members?
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 12:47 PM

I was wondering where thue Ducky thing came from! I just didn't want to ask in case it was personal lol

I thought Bunny but another animal makes just as much sense with you :)

There are so many different art styles for children's books, cartoon, scribbly, realistic, it's hard to choose a favourite style :confused:
    Uber Member

May 2, 2009, 12:48 PM
    Anyway, Vaughn is kicking me off the computer now because it's nearly 6am :o

Goodnight/morning to all, cya tomorrow! :)

Alty - can't wait to read it!
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2009, 12:52 PM

Night, um, good morning Shaz. Sleep tight. :)
    Ultra Member

May 2, 2009, 04:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg View Post
    Night, um, good morning Shaz. Sleep tight. :)
    I always think that is so cute ,Shaz is going to bed and we are getting up! I'm easily amused:confused:
    Pets Expert

May 2, 2009, 06:03 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by artlady View Post
    I always think that is so cute ,Shaz is going to bed and we are getting up! I'm easily amused:confused:
    So am I Artsy, so am I. ;)
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

May 7, 2009, 05:31 PM

My bucket list includes writing a TV series called Sailor's Navy. It would make the McHale's Navy series look tame. Long story but it would contain some very hilarious real life adventures of some friends of mine who really are in the navy in a foreign country. Real life really is stranger than anything you could make up.

Travel as much as possible to places in America that I haven't seen. And while traveling America give away thousands of dollars to homeless families.

Design and build my dream home on the top of a mountain range.

Be able to invite my raccoon buddies inside and feed them inside my dream home. I'll have a special raccoon room just for them.
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 05:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    My bucket list includes writing a TV series called Sailor's Navy. It would make the McHale's Navy series look tame. Long story but it would contain some very hilarious real life adventures of some friends of mine who really are in the navy in a foreign country. Real life really is stranger than anything you could make up.

Travel as much as possible to places in America that I haven't seen. And while traveling America give away thousands of dollars to homeless families.
    Design and build my dream home on the top of a mountain range.

Be able to invite my raccoon buddies inside and feed them inside my dream home. I'll have a special raccoon room just for them.
    While you are in the midwest, surely you cannot help but stop by KC's place... I have heard it is a strong attraction destination... :cool:
    mudweiser Posts: 2,750, Reputation: 707
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 06:01 AM
    While you are in the midwest, surely you cannot help but stop by KC's place...I have heard it is a strong attraction destination...:cool:
    .. I heard otherwise..

:giggles:

Sarah
    kctiger Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 1319
    Ultra Member

May 8, 2009, 06:03 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by mudweiser View Post
    ..I heard otherwise..

:giggles:

Sarah
    You have apparently received the wrong information... perhaps you should make the trip as well. Might have a little non-battery operated fun. ;)
    Pets Expert

May 8, 2009, 08:31 AM
    You have apparently received the wrong information...perhaps you should make the trip as well. Might have a little non-battery operated fun. ;)
    Wrong thread! Wrong thread! Alarm! Alarm! :eek:

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bucket elevator design [ 3 Answers ]

Let me know the procedure to calculate the torque & hp for bucket elevator/

Bucket of bricks [ 4 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP ME! Years ago I heard this hilarious irish "song" about a couple of builders trying to get this bucket of bricks up a building. That was the one & only time I have ever heard it, and I would love to find out the title & artist, so can anyone please help me??

Bucket of bricks ? [ 1 Answers ]

PLEASE HELP ME! Years ago I heard this hilarious irish "song" about a couple of builders trying to get this bucket of bricks up a building. That was the one & only time I have ever heard it, and I would love to find out the title & artist, so can anyone please help me??

Raising a bucket of water [ 13 Answers ]

We have a well which has water but it's a long way down , say 100 meters. At the top of the well I have a see-saw with a bucket at each end , equally balanced. When the buckets are both empty they balance. When the buckets are both full , they still balance. When one bucket is full it tips the...

View more questions Search