Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mmiller_8660 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 04:30 AM
    Abandoned home
    How do you go about acquiring an abandoned home ? Who do you talk to how do you go about getting ownership?
    stevetcg Posts: 3,693, Reputation: 353
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 08:41 AM

Check with the town or county clerk. There is a record of who owns the property. After you find that, you contact them and attempt to purchase it.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 30, 2009, 09:57 AM
    Also check with the tax assessor or collector and see who is paying taxes on it. Just because a home appears abandoned doesn't mean someone doesn't own it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HOW do I legally own a deedless abandoned home? [ 2 Answers ]

There is an abandoned home in our neighborhood that is a year behind in taxes, but the odd thing is there is no deed to the property. The owner lives out of state so we tried contacting them certified letter but have not receive any answer for over a week now. Is the property worth investing in or...

Want to buy neighbors abandoned home [ 3 Answers ]

I want tp purchase the home across the street from me. I know the owners. The man died 10 yrs ago and the woman has been in an unknown nursing home for 5 years now. They have no children and no living relatives. They are the current title owners and there is no mortgage. This home is in poor...

Buying an abandoned home [ 2 Answers ]

How can I buy an abandoned home?

How to Buy an abandoned home [ 1 Answers ]

I live in eastern NC: I would like to know who do you contact to buy a abandoned home. I have drove past this house for 7 years and it's just sitting there empty and unused. I already have land I just need to find a house that is movable on my property.

Abandoned Home Owners [ 2 Answers ]

Is there a 'free' site to locate the owners of properties that have been abandoned?

View more questions Search