Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Apr 30, 2009, 01:25 AM
    Algae on exterior concrete
    I answered a question on mold, and this one popped up in my head...
    I have a concrete porch, that has a major algae problem. I have tried bleach and scrubbing with a stiff broom, and that gets rid of some, but not all. I have tried a couple of commercial algae/concrete cleaners, and the algae went "Ha, ha, ha-ha! Is that all you have?"
    I want to clean the porch good this year, it is almost pool season, and I am about to put up my pool. What to do? Outside of dousing with gasoline and setting it on fire, that is.
    creahands Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 195
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 05:31 AM

Hi bigbopper

Have u tried an algaecide and power washer.

Have to put algaecide on and keep wet for about 1/2 hour. Then power wash off. May need more then one treatment.

Hope this helps

Good luck

Chuck

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What to use to fill in cracks on concrete/mortar exterior [ 2 Answers ]

Hello - Im hoping to get some help because we a peeling a pretty big onion. We are prepping the exterior of our home for painting. It is a block home with concrete/mortar (stucco I think) over it. The problem is that there are all these cracks along the concrete. We cut into them so we can...

Laying slate on exterior concrete [ 2 Answers ]

I want to lay some slate pieces on an exterior concrete porch. What do I use to stick the slate to the concrete? Also, what kind of group should I use for exterior?

Concrete/brick exterior entrance slope is wrong [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 100 year old house that at some point had front steps put in. For the last 35 years they have not moved at all. The problem is that they are not sloped so the rain runs off and away from the house. Instead, I get a puddle in the middle of the landing after every rain. On the top...

Cracks in Exterior Wall, but not in concrete slab [ 4 Answers ]

I'm looking at buying a house. The one I like has a crack down one of the exterior walls, but does not extend into the slab. The crack is about 1/16 of an inch. The house is in central Texas. Is this a structural concern?

Exterior concrete staining [ 1 Answers ]

How can I stain outdoor concrete patio slab. For a warm stain look. Tips?? :cool:

View more questions Search