Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    celiner Posts: 66, Reputation: 5

Sep 21, 2006, 12:11 PM
    Can you name this author?
    This author is a retired police officer. He has written at least two crime thrillers. I think they were published in the last 4-8 years. I seem to remember that they came onto the market at the same time as Linda Fairsteins first 2 books. I can't recall the names of any of the characters in the books. I just remember not being able to put them down, they were that good. Action set in America but not any of the major big cities.

Any help very much appreciated.

Thank you
    allozier Posts: 33, Reputation: 3

Sep 21, 2006, 03:28 PM
    The only one I can think of is Joseph wambaugh
    celiner Posts: 66, Reputation: 5

Sep 23, 2006, 02:09 PM
    Thanks for reply. No, it is not Wambaugh. This author has only been published in the last few years. He has not written many books. I have only read 2 and have never seen any more on offer in the shops. I wish I could remember his name. I seem to remember that H was the initial of his last name. Not Harlen Coben. They were good ,interesting murder mysteries.

Thanks again.
    metalikhan Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Sep 30, 2006, 09:53 PM
    How about Mike Smitley? If he's the one, he has a website.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who is your favorite author? [ 53 Answers ]

Who is your favorite author. What kind of books do you like to read. Mine are William W Johnstone and Louis Lamour. Western novels

Unknown Title or Author [ 10 Answers ]

I remember reading a book when I was around 11 about siblings whose parents die (I think) and the oldest (sister) is afraid of being separated, so they go on the run from authorities. She tries to keep them all fed and finds eggs to be the cheapest food to buy. Eventually they are found/caught...

Author/Title unknown [ 1 Answers ]

I read a novel years ago, where the story concerned a group of plane crash survivors who used scrap material from a nearby abandoned mine to construct medieval type weapons (trebuchet, crossbows, etc), to prevent a local militia from crossing a river to capture them. I initially believed it was...

Do you now the author and song title? [ 2 Answers ]

I remember only the middle of the song: "And I wana fall through the stars Stright into your arms ..... .....feel love I hope you comprehend" Thank you for any help. :)

View more questions Search