Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Dancer Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Sep 21, 2006, 10:46 AM
    ActiveX
    When I try to get onto the local library website I hkeep getting a box come up that says I should click on "ActiveX". I don't have a clue what they're talking about and I don't see anything like that to click on. Can you help?
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Sep 21, 2006, 11:05 AM
    This feature may be blocked at the library. If the library is using Internet Explorer, look right under the toolbar at the top of the page for a small strip that says something like "click here to install activeX". If you don't see that - or don't see anything else to try to click on to install it, then it's probably blocked.

To be sure, though, check with one of the librarians for assistance.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Sep 21, 2006, 11:16 AM
    ActiveX is a type of addon to programs that automates some task. Someone could create an ActiveX control that can do damage to a machine. So public places like libraries will lock down their machines preventing such from being installed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

ActiveX [ 3 Answers ]

I'm trying to install an antivirus program but keep getting a message saying that I must allow it to install ActiveX and that Internet Explorer is not allowing it. The message says to click on the Internet Information Bar and click Install ActiveX, but I'm not getting an information bar at all. Can...

Is there any possibility to download the ActiveX Controls as program [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, Can anybody help me with the current problem that I am facing. I am having Windows XP and I have enabled ActiveX on my system, But still I repeatedly get the Caution to enable the ActiveX controls while downloading some of the software, Is there any possibility to download the ActiveX Controls...

View more questions Search