Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 29, 2009, 05:21 PM

Comments on this post
    Altenweg agrees: LMAO! Is that anything like "when pigs fly"?
    Yes, but the difference is the "swine flu" can kill and "pigs fly" has craptacular targeting abilities.
    Mary99 Posts: 26, Reputation: 8

Apr 30, 2009, 05:19 PM

I think if Canada, USA and Mexico all have swine flu. Then it shouldn't matter if we cross borders because we are all infected.
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 30, 2009, 05:22 PM

We are infected because of the american tourism in mexico. Close the borders stop all flights into infected areas and if people want to tour elsewhere they better have a dr. note to show clean bill of health.
    artlady Posts: 4,208, Reputation: 1477
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 05:36 PM

Two cases in my town of Syracuse and they had to shut down the school.Kind of scary.
    I worry about my mother who has dementia and is in a nursing home.They seem to get hit with everything.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 05:40 PM

Locally,where we have cases, they are saying if you are sick with the flu,do not go to a hospital.That is a little daunting!
    Encouraging people to buy bottled water and masks.. I don't like it!
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 07:18 PM
    We have 2 confirmed cases in Tennessee, as of right now, one of them just a few miles from me. Here at the hospital there are people walking around in the ER with masks and gowns on. Luckily I am stuck in the nursery tonight where everything is spic and span.

A girl was sent to the doctor's from my daughter's high school today. We'll see what comes of that.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 07:22 PM

OMG you guys. I can't believe that it's in places where I know people. I really honestly thought this was contained.

J9, is it 100% fatal if caught or is it a touch ang go kind of thing? Are they working on a vaccine? Are they doing anything?

I'm sorry if my questions are silly, but I really don't know much about this kind of thing. How scared should we all be?
    Joshdta Posts: 2,549, Reputation: 45
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 07:24 PM

Stop worrying about it. Yull either get it or you won't
    Pets Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 07:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Joshdta View Post
    Stop worrying about it. Yull either get it or you won't
    That's reassuring. NOT! :eek:
    Fuzzball_Kara Posts: 279, Reputation: 74

Apr 30, 2009, 07:29 PM

I've read a little about it and it's a little confusing. Most people have been treated and it wasn't so severe. That's what I read, don't know if Im right. The article said it's pretty much mexico is getting it severe... I wonder why.. There's only one dead in america as of now
    Pets Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 07:32 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzball_Kara View Post
    I've read a little about it and it's a little confusing. Most people have been treated and it wasn't so severe. That's what I read, dunno if Im right. The article said it's pretty much mexico is getting it severe... I wonder why.. Theres only one dead in america as of now
    Now that IS reassuring. :)

Still upsetting though. :(
    MRSMiLLS Posts: 21, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2009, 07:34 PM

Heck nawl i stay in tyler &nd a kid up in lufkin just g0t it they 0ut 0f sch00ll f0r s0me weeks.. that thing needs t0 be stopped..
    Pets Expert

Apr 30, 2009, 07:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by MRSMiLLS View Post
    HECK NAWL i STAY iN TYLER &ND A KiD UP iN LUFKiN JUST G0T iT THEY 0UT 0F SCH00LL F0R S0ME WEEKS..THAT THiNG NEEDS T0 BE STOPED..
    Mrs Mills. Welcome to AMHD. Please note that typing in all caps is considered yelling and therefore rude and frowned on.

Also, there is a spell check available, we request that you type in the best english that you are capable of so that we can understand you better and post accurate responses to your posts.

Thanks. :)
    Sunflowers Posts: 218, Reputation: 23

Apr 30, 2009, 08:25 PM

I'm starting to worry. I was told face masks are hard to find now better luck finding painting masks at the hardware store.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 08:33 PM

This is a very good and recent article.
    The Associated Press: More schools close, swine flu cases pass 100

Apr 30, 2009, 08:41 PM

"So far U.S. cases are fairly mild for the most part, with one death, a Mexican toddler who visited Texas with his family — unlike in Mexico where more than 160 suspected deaths have been reported. In fact, Schuchat said most of the U.S. cases so far didn't need a doctor's care."
    Quote taken from The Associated Press: More schools close, swine flu cases pass 100

Hope that helps you a bit more Alty. :)
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 08:47 PM

I think this may help Alty too,she was next on my list. Can't forget our Canadian Friends!
    AFP: Canada swine flu cases rise to 34

Apr 30, 2009, 08:50 PM

It'd be cool if there was a person on her to talk about their personal experience with the swine flu... Is it something you can get a second time? I know that's probably a dumb question. But I have to ask anyway.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 08:53 PM

I honestly think that the media's blown this up WAYYY too far.

It's apparently the "next pandemic,"... and not to mention, pork sales have bombed...

Is anyone aware how many people die annually by the regular flu?

Apr 30, 2009, 08:57 PM

Well, I know flus have been deadly, but people are so ill informed that they are like babies.

When a kid gets hurt, most of the time the first thing they do is look at you to see your reation... If you freak out, so will the kid..

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Swine houses [ 6 Answers ]

Types of swine houses ?

View more questions Search