Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    arijit3418 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 01:09 PM
    Pain after crown
    I had a major decay in one of my upper molars, which required a RCT for that tooth. My dentist put a temporary filling while my crown was been prepared. The RCT was done couple of months back. 3 days back my temporary crown has been fitted. The first couple of days there was no pain at all.

However, since the 2 past days I a pain in that tooth whenever I am applying biting pressure. It is even quite sentitive to my tongue feeling the tooth. I had a word with my dentist and he says to wait for 7-10 days as apparently it might take some time for the tooth and gums to get used to the crown.

My question to everyone would be if anyone of aware of such problem post crown fitting and what is puzzling me most is that why am I having problems with the permanent crown while I had no problems for the past 2 months while I had the temporary filling.

Please can anyone help and give me some answers

Many thanks
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 01:23 PM

Hi...

It could be just the fact that everythings been disturbed, or maybe the nerve is very sensitive ( unless the nerve was taken out )

I personally think that some how infection has got in, maybe when the temporary filling was taken out and the crown put on... not sure.

I would give it a little more time if you can as your dentist has said... but do not suffer to long.

If there is infection you will need to have the tooth drained again and a temporary filling replace until all of the infection has gone.

I think the crown has been put on whilst there is some infection there, but I am not a dentist so, see how the pain is if it doesn't start to go, go back to your dentist immediately... you'll probably need a coarse of anti- biotics.

Temporarily try... oil of cloves on a piece of cotton wool and place over the tooth, it does give some relief.
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 01:41 PM

You should go back to the dentist and have him check the bite. The crown may need to be adjusted.
    Amir1981 Posts: 246, Reputation: 6

Apr 29, 2009, 03:58 PM

Have the bite checked.. if the tooth is cracked it MAY need to be extracted

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Pain under crown [ 7 Answers ]

About 6 months ago I had a root canal and crown put on. About a week ago that tooth started getting sore. What is the problem?

Pain under Crown [ 2 Answers ]

I have been expericing pain (with cold and hot and sometimes chewing) with a molar that already has crown. I saw a dentist last week who said it might be a problem with the tooth under the crown and that I may need a root canal that would be performed by an endodontist. In the meantime, he said I...

Pain after crown work [ 2 Answers ]

I just had a crown put in and I am having pain deep inside the tooth. Does anyone have an answer to what this might be?

Pain under Crown [ 2 Answers ]

I just visited my dentist's office a second time on this issue. I have have a four crown, 5 year old bridge, and the abutment canine tooth on the right feels -- odd. It still has a root. Two weeks ago, the substitute dentist mine was out of town) saw me, and I explained that I had eaten...

Pain under a crown [ 3 Answers ]

I have a long established crown It has started to give pain The dentist says there may be a cracked tooth underneath With an infection He also says I would lose the tooth if he took off the crown Is there anything I can take to deal with a possible infection?

View more questions Search