Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    stefani8888 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 26, 2008, 08:08 PM

OK I'm a 13 year old girl and I agree with everything you have said I started wearing make up this summer and it try to keep it pretty simple with some eyeliner on my top lid and bottm
    Usually I don't wear any eyeshadow but everyonce in ahwile I use goldish tones I'm prety tan so it goes nice with my skin oh and when I have some sort of blemish I wear a little coverup lol
    But anway I try to keep my make up limited but I guess I go a little dark with the eyeliner but not to the piont that it loks extreemer and bad trust me once your daughter has gotten control over make up she will know when and what to use corectly like idid but if you do notice she I wearing too much and it looks bad be sure to tell her
    It miht bother herr a little but its for the better you don't want her looking like a clown when sh egoes to school

:D
    From a 13 year old girl 8th grade
    BatteryPoweredStar-- Posts: 38, Reputation: 1

Oct 3, 2008, 03:24 PM

Right, when I was 12, I wasn't exactly 'well developed' I started my period when I was 12 and I was already a 32C but I wasn't tall or anything. A lot of people said I looked older, so I hung around with the older lot and I could get away with it..
    The only makeup I actually wore was mascara and eyeliner, nothing else, my skin was perfect.. pale with rosy cheeks, it still is in fact.. and my eyes are my best feature, big and a 'beautiful blue' as people describe them.

I think you should let her experiment, all girls want to do is impress their friends and look a lot more mature and older but you know the limits, if it looks horrid tell her, just let her experiment first! Take her to a make up store and get a professional make up done for her so she can see how it looks and how you think it looks?

X
    bobbyore818 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 3, 2009, 03:30 PM
    I am turning 12 very soon, and my mother does not let me wear Mascara or eyeliner... etc. but I am allowed to wear a very light kind of eyeshadow(pink).I know how she feels because there is a lot of pressure on girls our age to wear mascara... etc. but just remind her that she is only a preteen once!And through-out the school day she will forget about mascara.. etc!

Good luck!:o
    IheartEdward Posts: 203, Reputation: 4

Mar 10, 2009, 12:15 PM

Im 15 and I've wore makeup for a while. Right now I wear simple make up most of the time, couldn't live without my powder, mascara and eyeliner. Sometimes my eyeliner is pretty dark but not all the time.
    I think she's all good to start at 12 but it has to be applied right and not smothered on her face. Warn her about being orange though, most 12/13/14 y/o's go through that stage and lets face it, it looks absolutely aweful.
    iluvme123 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 06:04 PM

Let her, if you don't let her do stuff now (logical stuff!) she'll be more rebellious in the future. If she is strong willed and independent then that will make it even harder for you
    bluedevils23 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 06:16 PM
    Hii..
    I'm a 13 year oldd... and my mother let me wear make up at 9-10. But I just started wearing eyeliner and mascara.. I only wore eyeshadoww... but at 12... maybee a little eyeshadoww... to bring out her eyes... :)
    bluedevils23 Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Mar 10, 2009, 06:18 PM

But not too much makeup.. not to look like a clown..
    Coolkatlu Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Mar 14, 2009, 08:34 AM

Kids Need To expiriment, Here's a small story:
    Kira never let her daughter Wear makeup, date, Or get peircings/ tattoos, Then one night, Kira's Daughter came home with a tattoo, LOADS of makeup, and a boyfriend!

If you don't let them do anything, SHE WILL Go behind your back, My daughter is 11 and she wears makeup, you need to understand that soon, ( when she starts getting pimples from makeup ) She will choose on her own to stop, or apply just a little bit. LET HER!
    Diehardrocks92 Posts: 24, Reputation: 3

Mar 14, 2009, 08:44 PM

Let her wear the make up and sit down with her and show her how to out it on but while your doing that explain that the less make up you put on because she sounds gaorgus without it and only buy her foundation to statr off with it and phase it because she mite get bored of it till she a bit older and of she really wants to wear it she'll find away to do it with u knowing
    jcompton1272 Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Mar 23, 2009, 12:12 AM

I have two daughters 1-15 and 1-10 my 10 year old is not allowed to wear make-up at all but my 15 year old is allowed to wear eyeliner, maskcera, and lipgloss after I gave my approvale for tasteful makeup she was excited and wore it often but after a few months it was too much of a hassle and now she rarely wares it... I think the best way to handle it is for the two of you to go shopping together for it let her give her opinions and if it is color you disagree with give her other options also I told my daughter that make is suppose to look very natural like your not waring anything and showed her how to apply it correctly and then I showed her pictures of models in magazines that looked very natural so she would know that I am not an old fuddy duddy but that the style now is very natural... I really hope this helps some I know how hard it is now days to teach our daughtes to make good choices for themselves and not to worry so much about what other are doing.
    ohsohappy Posts: 1,564, Reputation: 314
    Ultra Member

Sep 19, 2009, 11:03 PM

I really need to start looking at when things are posted before I add to them. Haha

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

80s hit in not another teen movie [ 4 Answers ]

What is the name of the 80's song/electronic piece interlude (and the artist) that is played at the point where the 3 kids say ROAD TRIP!! And then drive down just to the next block.

I need help as far as treating a daughter like a daughter [ 11 Answers ]

Hello everyone, I am asking for help! I have a 33 year old daughter who it seems is always coming up with "why can't you treat me like a daughter should be treated, I have my own family and you just don't treat me like a daughter should be treated". What am I going to do here? I have been...

Teen advice wanted [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 16 yr old step daughter who my wife and I are needing advice on. She has been diagnosed with adhd and anxiety. She currently takes zoloft to control both symptoms. We have recently found out that she has tried hard drugs before, but that she hasn't since she was about 14. However,...

Teen [ 1 Answers ]

How do you giv a girl the best orgasm? :confused:

Ia father needs advice to keep daughter [ 2 Answers ]

I am raising my 4 yr daughter without her mother. The mother was released from prison and currently lives with her parents. The mother and I were never married, and after being together 15 yrs. She finally became pregnant and we had a girl.. When our daughter was 1 the mother started using drugs...

View more questions Search