Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Crybaby9112001 Posts: 83, Reputation: 4

Sep 21, 2006, 08:35 AM
    Rashes on my leg and spreading! Please help me
    I have these rashes on my legs... there not that noticeable but they are spreding now. I got the first one about 2 months ago... and now recently they are three of them. They are about two inches and itch a lot. When I scratch them it starts burning... at first it looks like a bruise with a pink tint over it. Where the rash is the skin is really dry and it is pealing off now... I don't know what it is. At first my sister said the first one looked like a ring worm but now the new ones are bigger and they itch. I can't go to the docter but if anyone knows what this might be or if I should go to the emergency room tell me please I really need some advice because I don't know anyone and now I am getting really scared. Please help me
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 21, 2006, 03:19 PM
    Are they round and raised? It could be ringworm, which is not really a worm, just a fungal infection.

The attached is a pretty good picture of ringworm. If it is, then it can be handled by over-the-counter fungal medications such as any medication that will take care of athlete's foot, jock itch, or yeast infections. Just know that it is HIGHLY contagious.

spoiled_spazz_009 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Oct 5, 2006, 02:09 PM
    Mambe you should go to the doc because my sister once had something that sounds the same and it turned out that she had scabies.she got a nix crème to rub on the rashy spots of her body and it cleared up in a couple days
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Oct 5, 2006, 03:11 PM
    Crybaby -
    It sounds like a ringworm to me too. Or allergic rash ( my daughter gets that when changing the cat's litter box,etc) Scabies I've seen more in hidden areas of the body(like under arms & groin especially)
    The anti-fungal creams & sprays are available OTC. But if that doesn't clear it up in a few days then it is not ringworm. Scabies doesn't go away on its own & nix is good. As long as you don't have one big bullseye rash getting bigger, then it doesn't sound too serious- just very bothersome.

Oct 5, 2006, 10:50 PM
    Thanks you guys... when J9 sent that pic I looked at it but mines didn't look anything like... the marks are still there and it still itches but ever sense I stopped scratching it doenst get inflamed... I haven't done anything for it just because it has calmed down but it is still visilble and still itches. A lady said it looked like a fungal activity caused by the boots I wore and she said that I should go to the hospital... but as j9 might now I'm not really a fan of the doctor ( I have so many problems with my body and I still won't go)
    Could it be a fungal viris and if it is do I have to go to the doctor?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Oct 6, 2006, 03:09 AM
    It could be a fungal infection, ringworm is a fungal infection also. It could be a form of athlete's foot that has spread.

As 31Pumpkin said you can go to the store and get anti-fungal creams. Lotrimin AF is a good one.
    binx44 Posts: 1,028, Reputation: 88
    Ultra Member

Oct 6, 2006, 04:27 AM
    It sounds a little like my problem... I'm allergic to fake metals (stuff like pants buttons etc.. ) and cheap laundry detergant.. maybe it is what's bothering your skin.. though I would seriously get it checked out if I were you
    31pumpkin Posts: 379, Reputation: 50
    -

Oct 6, 2006, 10:18 AM
    You wouldn't know for certain if u don't get the rash checked medically. And I can't recommend that, but if u won't - it sounds like it is not getting worse.
    Try the Lotrimin fungal spray daily. Make sure u have some on constantly(like reapplying after shower,etc.)
    The Lotrimin (generic tolnaftate 1%) should help with the itching.
    If this doesn't clear it up in a couple of wks(& yes, lose the boots) then it it may not be a fungal rash. Fungal rash can spread so do not touch it & then touch another area without washing & drying your hands first.
    P.S- fungal is not a virus. Just as bacteria is not virus.
    As long as it is not spreading & weeping (or oozing) u should be OK till u see how the Lotrimin works.
    Saruh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jan 28, 2007, 01:33 AM
    It might be hives. They itch occasionally and when scratched they raise; sometimes they turn a yellow white (like when you are bloated or have a sunburn and press your fingers against them). Don't scratch they just get worse... #1 reason for hives is... they don't know. An antihistamine like Benedryl works for some people.
    dkh Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 4, 2007, 04:25 PM
    Morgellon's?
    goldfrappfan Posts: 1, Reputation: 2

Feb 26, 2007, 10:20 PM
    You really, should see a doctor, I had a rash on both my legs that did not go away for a few months, I think it was because I wore boots a lot, I tried so many products at the store, none worked, even blue star, I was depressed, I went to the doctor I had a fungal infection, and I'm on something called cefadroxil, and I saw a difference within two days, and I feel so much better, it is going away, so go see a doctor OK :-)

Apr 7, 2007, 09:12 PM
    You know I realized I got it every time I wore my boots... I think it had to do with the sweat and friction caused by my leg and boots... I threw them away and now I don't have it anymore... do you think I should still go to the doctor?
    bebbo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 30, 2008, 12:04 AM
    Hey dude don't worry I get the same rash when I have femel socks on I think its from sweat

Apr 30, 2008, 12:05 AM
    bebbo

Apr 30, 2008, 12:06 AM
    I get it to when I wear thermel sock its from sweat I think
    KAIBER Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 05:21 PM
    I have the same problem, one appeared a few months ago... thought it would disappear, but after scratching the itchy area, a second one appeared about 4 days ago. I would definitely either go to the pharmacy or see a doc. Chances are, if not treated it might spread to some very unattractive areas.
    KAIBER Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jun 24, 2010, 05:27 PM
    I have the same problem with my skin... one rash appeared about a few months ago... thought it would disappear if I didn't scratch as much. A second rash appeared about a week ago. Chances are, if not treated they can spread and become even more unattractive. Definitely going to the pharmacy or see my derm.
    tiggs61 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Sep 20, 2010, 12:07 PM
    I have a rash on the top of my feet and legs legs it is spreading I have it in places on my arms but not on my body
    blazingsaddle Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 9, 2011, 09:31 PM
    I have something similar going on. Just on one leg; one rash is on my outer thigh, the other just above my inner knee. It feels like a burn. I first noticed when I changed a pair of pants and the material chafed against my outer rash.

Definitely not ring worm, nor scabies. Could it have to do with the cold winter weather? Or not laundering a pair of pajama pants often enough?

Hmm...
    D R Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 13, 2012, 12:52 PM
    You can also try using a triple anti-biotic ointment. It works for me on something similar. It might work for you as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HELP! Pubic shaving rashes ICK! [ 4 Answers ]

OK I am totally desperate for some good advice here because this problem has been ongoing and totally frustating... so hia goes! OK I'm a young woman and have often shaved or waxed my pubic region for special occasions - usually its a trim to keep things neat - anyhow no matter what shaving...

Brown spots with blisters on hands, spreading? [ 4 Answers ]

I have had brown spots on my hands for three weeks now and it doesn't spread to anywhere else on my body but just from one hand to other. It started as a blister that would never pop and purplish skin to brown peeling skin. But the skin that has been peeling is red and weird looking, please help,...

Red marks and spreading [ 14 Answers ]

My legs are covered in red marks. Not dots, or bumps. Just ugly red marks all over my legs. It looks real ugly like if I have a disease. They started appearing a little before Easter and now they are dark and spreading. Not itchy or burning. No symptoms as a matter of fact. My husband...

What to do if two co workers are spreading lies about you? [ 6 Answers ]

I have never used this web site before and Im at my witts end. I work as a hairdresser in a small shop and two out of five co-workers are telling my boss that Im doing things Im just not doing. One of them is telling my boss that she is physically scared of me and that I threatened the other one...

View more questions Search