Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

Apr 29, 2009, 10:46 AM
    Urinating due to excitement?
    We have a puppy we got about 2 weeks ago. She is 4 and a half months old. Every time we open the door to go outside with her she starts hopping around like she is excited but she will urinate as well. Every time! This morning she urinated on our other dog because he happened to be in the way.

So my question is... is this normal? Is it because she is young? Will she grow out of it? Anything I can do ? Could this be a health problem?

Thanks for any help you can provide.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 10:51 AM

It is a fairly common problem.

When you come through the door completely ignore her.

After you have been home for a bit and she has calmed down then talk to her and play with her.

Over time she will learn not to be so excited when you come home as she doesn't get attention when you walk through the door.
    Catsmine Posts: 3,826, Reputation: 739
    Pest Control Expert

Apr 29, 2009, 03:58 PM
    Can you send her out without you, if only to a porch or patio before you go outside? She sounds way too happy to be going out with her people. Going out with you is a big thing. Yes it will probably go away in time but why wait and waste all those paper towels? If she cannot go out without you she needs to go out with you about twice an hour until it gets to be routine. That's not a hard time frame, just get her bored with it.
    puppylove08 Posts: 18, Reputation: 1

May 5, 2009, 03:40 PM

I would be inclined to say she will grow out of it. Our dog still sometimes pees a little (very rarely) when he gets really excited, and he is a year and a half. But he is a boxer mix, and boxers are highly excitable dogs, so that also plays into it. What kind of breed is your dog?
    20anonymous08 Posts: 74, Reputation: 4

May 6, 2009, 07:52 AM

Thanks for the info! Mine is a pitbull
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

May 6, 2009, 10:19 AM

No worries anonymous.. let us know if you make any progress...

If not, come back and we will re-evaluate! :)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

No excitement [ 20 Answers ]

I don't think I'm depressed. However, everyday just gets more and more uninteresting. I am in college I have school work to do, I have games to play, I have plenty of time on my hands. It's just that nothing seems to get my attention anymore. If I buy a new video game feels like I've played it...

Not having white discharge after excitement:mi infertil [ 1 Answers ]

I'm 21 years old girl. I'm not having white discharge after getting excited for the first time. Earlier everything was normal but this times also not come. What is the reason ? M I infertile?

No more Excitement [ 6 Answers ]

What can I say and do to turn my man on, before he gives up on us?:confused:

Male german shepherd excitement [ 2 Answers ]

I recently took home a male german shepherd from a rescue group. He's about four years old, fixed, and for the most part, well behaved. My question is about his level of excitement/arousal... more often than not, the dog has an erection. Occasionally, he will pee a little. I'm not sure if this...

View more questions Search