Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    SlyPhoenix Posts: 63, Reputation: 2

Apr 29, 2009, 10:01 AM
    What kind of laptop do I need for an incoming freshman?
    Do I need anything specific?
    albear Posts: 1,594, Reputation: 222
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 10:04 AM

Go desktop is my advice, I got a laptop and have basically used it as a desktop, that I can take home easier, but it depends on your course to be honest, and how you think your going to be using it.
    HistorianChick Posts: 2,556, Reputation: 825
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 10:24 AM

You should contact your college for specifications.

I work at a college that requires certain programs.

If you go with Apple, you'll probably have to purchase a Word converter or file converter.

It also depends upon what you are going to school for. If you were pursuing graphic design and artsy stuff, I'd definitely go with mac. If you want a simple word program for typing papers and getting on the internet, you can find relatively inexpensive PCs that will do the trick.

Also, how much do you want to spend.

Call your school's IT department and find out the specifications and software you'll need. They'll tell you what you need for either mac or PC.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Freshman/Senior dating [ 18 Answers ]

Is it okay for a freshman(in highschool) to date a senior? I'm good friends with a lot of seniors at my high school through teams and such and I guess people consider me to be mature for my age. I know that some people might answer this question by saying that senior guys are only looking...

What kind of laptop for teenager [ 1 Answers ]

I will be buying my granddaughter a lap top in a couple months.. She lives in the boondocks and would need an air card.. I'm an old timer and not sure about the technology or what she would need.. I hate a compaq, I had 2 and hated them.. I think a gateway, but walmart had a laptop for under $300...

Freshman and Senior [ 4 Answers ]

Ok I have always been wondering if its OK for a freshman to date a senior. Does anyone think in high school that a 3 year gap is that big? Thanks for any answers :D I mean I have my eyes on this older guy (junior) but for now I'm only in the 8th grade so I honestly have no chance, but I was...

Freshman physical science [ 1 Answers ]

If an 18 wheeler and a sports car collide head on which vehicle will experience the greater force of impacr? The greater impulse? The greater change in momentum? The greater acceleration?

Freshman Girl [ 12 Answers ]

There is this new freshman girl, that tries to talk to me. But she is shy, and does it through her friend. So when day she comes and sits on my lap at the lunch table. Then my teacher tells her to go back to her seat. The next week or so, she talk to me through her friend. The gives me her number....

View more questions Search