Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    msharp3831 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 09:28 AM
    Bio identical hormone replacement therapy and weight gain
    Does Bio identical hormone replacement therapy cause weight gain? I have packed on 20 pounds and feel swollen and bloated most of the time. If I stop taking the HRT what happens to my body?
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 02:36 PM

Anything synthetic can put weight on.
    It is not good to go off medicine without a doctors. Supervision. Make an appointment and discuss your options. Then if you are not satisfied check with an alternative meds. dr. that can help you make a safe transition from the HRT
    To natural supplements.
    MrEasy Posts: 112, Reputation: 17

Apr 30, 2009, 06:10 PM
    I would find another doctor who specializes in bio-identical hormones for a second opinion on your treatment. Not all doctors are properly trained in HRT. My wife went to 4 different doctors before she found one who did thorough testing to determine the proper levels needed. She hasn't gained any weight whatsoever and totally got rid of her hot flashes. Plus, got her sex drive back. If you have a compounding pharmacy in your city, ask the pharmist for names of some of the doctors they work with.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hormone replacement [ 3 Answers ]

What happens if a woman takes hormone replacement tablets when her hormone levels are fine - i.e. she doesn't need to take any?

Need to GAIN weight [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I'm a 15 year old freshmen. I weigh about 115 lb (53 kg approx.) and I am about 163 cm (not sure in inches/ft.). It seems to me as I am bone, flesh, and muscle (I am not a stick). I can call myself an athletic person.. I guess, because I have got the presidential award, I'm in the varsity...

Weight gain [ 3 Answers ]

I recently rescued a severely malnourished shepherd type 6 month old puppy. He lived his whole life in a very small crate, he has the hair rubbed off his shoulders from trying to stand in it and his ears don't stand all the way up (but they are better after two weeks). He has been vet checked,...

Follicle Stimulating hormone and the Lutenizing hormone [ 15 Answers ]

What is the difference between FSH and LH and how are they related to protesterone / estrogen ?

Hormone replacement drugs [ 1 Answers ]

Are hormone replacement drugs safe and what are there side effects?

View more questions Search