Sudo make me a sandwich. :)
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 27, 2009, 01:23 PM
    Cannot find sandwich
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 01:34 PM

My son bought me a new computer and set up imbutu and said, this is all you need mom. It is, I only use it for AMHD. He up dates my computer when I am in bed and when I get up he says, I up dated you mom, I say, great Chris ! I don't use half the stuff he puts in here for me, but, one thing I really want to use he can't get working properly (computers are his life and his job, he lives and breaths all this stuff, has many certs, diplomas, etc. etc. just to explain where he is at). I WANT CONTROL OF MY QUICKEN PROGRAMME AND I can't GET THAT!! Yes I am yelling !

Tick
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 01:34 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Curlyben View Post
    Cannot find sandwich
    Damnit, wrong path.
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 01:35 PM

My son bought me a new computer and set up imbutu and said, this is all you need mom. It is, I only use it for AMHD. He up dates my computer when I am in bed and when I get up he says, I up dated you mom, I say, great Chris ! I don't use half the stuff he puts in here for me, but, one thing I really want to use he can't get working properly (computers are his life and his job, he lives and breaths all this stuff, has many certs, diplomas, etc. etc. just to explain where he is at). I WANT CONTROL OF MY QUICKEN PROGRAMME AND I can't GET THAT!! Yes I am yelling !

Now get your teeth into that curly ben, scott gem and need karma, O K A Y

Tick
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

May 27, 2009, 01:37 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle View Post
    I WANT CONTROL OF MY QUICKEN PROGRAMME AND I can't GET THAT !!! Yes I am yelling !
    Your son needs to focus on the user not on his showcasing his depth of knowledge. Many programs are indeed not offered in Linux. If Quicken is a must have program for you then you need a Windows machine.
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 01:38 PM

Sorry for double post, I don't know how that happened.

Tick
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

May 27, 2009, 01:41 PM
    I assume you use Quicken on Windows, that being the case tell him to put an emulator, such as WINE on it ;)
    Expert

May 27, 2009, 01:51 PM

This is a mom speaking, he is 27, so showcasing is far gone with him NK.

Curly, we do have another computer system in house which uses an extensive Quicken programme (on my husbands computer, he does my banking) would prefer to do my own and at my age I should be able to do that but cant, long story.

Thanks fellas, have to go out to last client now it is l700 hours.

Tick
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

May 27, 2009, 07:20 PM

Have him set your PC up as a dual boot with Windows and Linux.
    Expert

May 30, 2009, 02:55 PM

Thanks all. I discussed this with chris yesterday and told him of the feedback. I think I will get him to post here in response to some answers. He is agreeable to that, if you all don't mind. I don't think he wants to become a member.

tickle

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Linux [ 5 Answers ]

I have a saa7134 TV cards .my linux (kernal 2.6)not configure for this TV cards.pls help me

Getting linux [ 1 Answers ]

Hi It's me again. First of all let me thank all the experts that have helped me with my problems. "THANK YOU GUYS" I ran all different sorts of scans on the computer and now it's running faster because all the rubbish files are deleted and the spy sweeper has killed all the spies. One of the...

View more questions Search