Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shavej1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 06:56 AM
    GFCI medical device requirements - systems using water
    We are a medical device manufacture, are GFIC receptacles required at a dedicated piece of equipment that is being supply by DI process water and is stationary with cord and plug, need GFIC protection.
    KISS Posts: 12,510, Reputation: 839
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 08:06 AM

< I moved this into it's own thread>

GFIC is the wrong term - GFCI is the correct term. It stands for "Ground Fault Circuit Interrupter

DI water is Dionized Water. It's close to distilled water, but not quite.

ShaveJ1 - Please start a thread of your own for new topics.
    Click "Answer this question" to respond to posted answers.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 29, 2009, 12:03 PM

Could you take another run at stating your question using more sentences, more periods and overall better punctuation. I can't see you real question considering how it is written.
    tkrussell Posts: 9,659, Reputation: 725
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 01:20 PM
    This is an extremely critical issue, dealing with any medical equipment, facility, process, or procedure. The Life Safety of innocent people is in jeopardy.

Without attempting to sound condescending or presumptuous, I need to insist that you, as a medical manufacturing company, not use a free on line answer site for obtaining information for such a critical installation regarding life safety.

Hire a qualified engineer that has a PE stamp and the related disciplines at disposal that is knowledgeable in the geographical area your product will be located, and along with the specifications of your product, submit a written request for the information needed.

This thread is closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

When adding a GFCI disconnect for hottub, should I replace GFCI in service panel? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a hottub now but without a disconnect. Its simply a 6/3-50 amp wire that runs from the hottub to a 50amp GFCI inside the house main service panel. I want to install a disconnect 5-10 feet from the hottub. I bought a disconnect box that already has a GFCI inside of it. Should I have bought...

GFCI requirements for basements [ 2 Answers ]

Hello... I am about to install a new circuit in my basement to provide receptacles for small appliances such as a TV and a sewing machine. I understand that GFCI protection is required for "unfinished" spaces. 1. Exactly how is "finished" defined for this application? The walls and floor...

Well water filtration systems. [ 2 Answers ]

OK... I'm trying to find some advice on well water filtration systems... at present we have a system in our house that's over 20 years old, they stopped making parts for it 9 years ago, and its on its last legs... so basically I'm doing as much research as I can to find a replacement system to get...

Hot water systems [ 1 Answers ]

Which are the two most common hot water storage systems?

Water Filter Systems [ 2 Answers ]

I am currently using an ionizing water filter system (Bel Ozono sold in South America) with two filters to treat water from a cistern. My concern in addition to giardia is decomposing animal matter (insects, lizards, snakes that fall in and drown). I wonder if there is a more effective undersink...

View more questions Search