Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mybooster Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 07:33 AM
    Fish being ate
    Hi I have a problem . I have a 55 gal freshwater tank. The fish I have are 2 upsidedown catfish, 2 playts, 1 irredescent shark, 3 yoyo loach, 1 weather loach, 2 kuhi loach, 2 sunburst gourami, 2 silvertip tetra, 1 pleco, 2 silver hatchet, 2 angel, 4 bumble bee, 2 tiger barb, 2 octocinclus algae, and disappearing large neons. One of these fish are eating the large neons. I had 1 neon that lasted when we started the tank, I purchased 8 more but they were pretty little they all got ate but 1, so I purchased 6 large ones, 3 were missing, the next day there was only 2 left but one was in the plants with a big bit out of it's stomach. WHICH ONE IS EATING THEM.
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 29, 2009, 09:08 AM

Upside down cat fish & pleco has trouble w/ the bumble bee... semi aggressive

What kind of neon fish is it?
    Neon tetra
    Blk neon tetra
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 09:48 AM

My bet is on the angelfish.
    They are quite nasty little beggers, mine eat all my neons.
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 29, 2009, 10:14 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by shazamataz View Post
    My bet is on the angelfish.
    They are quite nasty little beggers, mine eat all my neons.
    Yup your right...
    I read that post twice and never once seen the 2 anglefish.
    GZDZ Posts: 139, Reputation: 18

Apr 30, 2009, 04:11 AM
    If the angles are kind of large they will eat small tetras. Mine are old and large and eat all newcomers to the tank that are very small. Tetras should be kept in a separate tank till they are about an inch or so.

If they just die over night the Pleco will eat them off the bottom. Also, how large is the irredescent shark, he could also be part of the problem.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What is my fish doing? [ 8 Answers ]

I have 3 cichlids and lately when I come into my room to feed them I notice that my blue one will swim up to my red one and the red one will start to almost shake. It almost looks like it's having a seizure. They don't ever look like they're fighting, although I know that cichlids are aggressive...

Fish are dying. Again in fish tank. [ 3 Answers ]

Ph is high in this, the second try. All my fish died a few weeks ago, over night. Cleaned out tank and have introduced a few new fish. Now they have began to die. The ph is high, and I am trying to bring it down using peat moss this time. I have a coral rock in the tank. Could this be a problem...

Do fish get fat? [ 3 Answers ]

I have 2 mollies and a plattie. My white molly has gotten quite fat. Can they gain weight if over fed or do you think it's pregnant? I didn't ask at the pet store if I was buying males or females and the 2 mollies were out of different tanks. The black and white one has stayed the same size and so...

My fish [ 8 Answers ]

I have a black moor that lays down in its aquarium. Is it supposed to do that? :confused:

The # of fish a fish tank can hold. [ 3 Answers ]

The number of tropical fish that an aquarium can hold depends on the volume of the fish tank. The interior dimensions of the fish tank below are 28 cm, 49 cm, and 52 cm. Each fish requires 10,000 cubic centimeters of water. How many tropical fish will this fish tank hold?

View more questions Search