Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    melvin cotton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 06:59 PM
    Hp Color laserjet printer
    I have a HP Color Laserjet 4700 that will not print black so please can you give me some information on how to solve this problem.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Apr 29, 2009, 07:24 AM
    Sounds to me that the driver has been told to print everything in color.

Take a look at the driver properties and see if that button is highlighted. Or if there is a HP utility on the PC see if you can change the setting using that.

Of course the last place to look would be the printer's User Guide "Trouble shooting" section.
    donf Posts: 5,679, Reputation: 582
    Printers & Electronics Expert

Apr 29, 2009, 07:56 AM
    One other thought.

Make sure you are using the correct printer driver. HP released a "Monochrome Only", PCL6 driver.

If you have installed that driver, then all you will only get in monochrome output.

Don

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

HP LaserJet P2015 Printer Trouble [ 1 Answers ]

I am getting a low type noise when the printer is trying to pick up up paper from the tray to print. Sometimes it finally finds the paper and prints and other times I have to go through the steps of clearing a paper jam even though the printer never picked up the paper from the tray to feed it...

HP Color LaserJet 4700 [ 4 Answers ]

I have got a big & Network Compatible HP Color Laserjet 4700 series Printer and the recently problem I have faced with it is that it doesn't print in color. I have replaced the cartridges (Four at once) and the Fuse Kit, but didn't work. All I can do now is to restart the printer and then...

Cannot find HP LaserJet 1100 printer cable [ 12 Answers ]

I have an old 1100 model # C4224A and the printer cable is messed up. I've looked everywere online but nobody has this right end that connects into the printer. It is a D connector and has 36 male straight pins sticking out on the printer end of the cable.

HP Color LaserJet 1500L [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, The Drum unit indicator is flashing (only this indicator is flasing others are dark) . I've changed the drum unit but that didn't solve the problem. What else can be done, to be checked? Thank you in advance!

Black ink - color printer [ 5 Answers ]

Will just black cartridge work in printer that usually has black AND color cartridges -- printer work? Don't want to buy both-- might just get new printer

View more questions Search