Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jammixmaster Posts: 282, Reputation: 15

Jun 15, 2009, 09:06 AM

If there is no life after death then what are we living for? Nothing. It's as simple as that. I may not believe in the Christian version of "heaven" but I do believe in an after life. If we just live and die and that's it then what is the point of achieving your dreams and goals if they all amount to nothing? The answer is NOTHING. Makes no sense right? There has to be life after death. It's the only thing that makes sense... BEAT THAT SCIENTISTS!!

As for reincarnation, as a Wiccan I believe in this. Everything in nature goes in cycles, from the Earth and other planets rotating around the sun to the seasons to the months and days. Everything goes in a circle eventually. So why not humans? What makes us different (spiritually, not physically) from anything else in the universe that moves in a cyclical motion? Nothing.
    Klaipeda Posts: 203, Reputation: 2

Jun 18, 2009, 03:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by liz28 View Post
    Today I was talking to a very close friend of mine and we have different views but we agree to disagree.

I think there is life about death otherwise I wouldn't think for another minute that spirits exsits but she thinks once you die you are reincarnated and move on to another life.

However, I don't think so. What are your takes on this matter?
    My answer would be this: I knew one lady who ( and her whole family) were not believers in God at all ( if they would bel;eve it would have been christian catholic faith, -as majority of us in our country), so life after death was out of question.. When the lady's father died, after some time he apeared in her dreams-in the same house that they lived ( and she still does).When she saw him, he told her,-'my daughter I ask you one thing to do-please do good on yourself-believe in God, -he does exsists'.Then they talked briefly aba
    Out something, but the main message he wanted to leave was that one.. So,in our religion if one believes in God, they also believe in the life after death..
    Footenmouth Posts: 6, Reputation: 2

Jul 5, 2009, 06:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by N0help4u View Post
    I believe that believing in reincarnation is like saying that you limit God in your mind because God is not so limited that he has to *recycle* souls.
    I believe there is something people call reincarnation but I believe it is more like a spirit channeling through a person N0T reincarnation.
    No offense but your answer is very demonstrative of so many who have little or no idea what reincarnation is at all. Might I suggest you study reincarnation just a touch before appearing so shallow, which I suspect is not your desire.

60% of the world believes and teaches reincarnation. But certainly not at all like your response.

Sorry.
    :rolleyes:

Jul 5, 2009, 06:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post
    Hello liz:

After you die, there ain't no more you. You're done, finished, over, kaput. Worms'll be working their way around your brain.

It's nice to pretend that we'll go to a better place... I guess that's why some people don't care much about THIS place.

excon
    Might I suggest you pick up any book by Edgar Cayce or Seth or numerous others. You might want to rethink that. If this is what you think what a waste a 'life' would be.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jul 5, 2009, 07:12 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Footenmouth View Post
    No offense but your answer is very demonstrative of so many who have little or no idea what reincarnation is at all. Might I suggest you study reincarnation just a touch before appearing so shallow, which I suspect is not your desire.

60% of the world believes and teaches reincarnation. But certainly not at all like your response.

Sorry.
    :rolleyes:
    Your last two posts. I do not agree with. May I point out that this thread is about peoples personal beliefs. Whether you agree with certain peoples thoughts or opinions on these things does not matter.

What matters is that you share your personal beliefs. That is what this thread is for. Please instead of pointing out others, as there beliefs being shallow because you do not really see it the same way does not mean it is the wrong way.

Share your beliefs without knocking anybody Else's.

Joe

Jul 6, 2009, 06:51 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    Your last two posts. I do not agree with. May I point out that this thread is about peoples personal beliefs. Whether you agree with certain peoples thoughts or opinions on these things does not matter.

What matters is that you share your personal beliefs. That is what this thread is for. Please instead of pointing out others, as there beliefs being shallow because you do not really see it the same way does not mean it is the wrong way.

Share your beliefs without knocking anybody Else's.

Joe
    You pointing out the thread being about personal beliefs is a valid one, albeit I don't see where it necessarily said that anywhere. Nevertheless, I can easily agree.

What one believes is certainly valid to that person, correct or incorrect. The belief about the Earth revolving around the Sun was once considered ridiculous. Now that we know it is so, however, demonstrates easily how 'shallow' that belief once was.

That one has an opinion is normal, but there IS a 'right' way vs a 'wrong' way. Going against the flow of traffic on a one way street is not what I would consider the 'right' way, even if a person should have the belief that it is. To walk through a wall, for most, would require a door, and then to walk in the appropriate direction to get to the other side is also necessary. Perhaps there is a 'right' way or a 'wrong' way to do almost everything! You throw a ball up it comes down.

To state a belief in 'life after death' one way or the other without an actual study seems somewhat absurd to me, in that there are numerous studies, books of experiences, vast quantities of available info of specific cases, etc etc. And readily available if someone honestly desires to pursue it.

As specifically concerns 'life after death', it either is so or it isn't, One's 'opinion' is irrelevant. Assume for a moment there is a life after death, then whether one should 'reincarnate' or not is not the issue. The question is, do we continue to 'live' after what we perceive of as 'death', and if we do.. . Then perhaps our understanding of death is a bit screwed up.

When I used the word shallow, perhaps our understandings of the meaning of that are different and I might could have used a different one. And of course that's MY opinion and some might consider that shallow.. .

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is there life after death? [ 74 Answers ]

What happens after life Does actually heaven and hell exits... Comment...

A matter of life and death [ 7 Answers ]

Hi, The title is sincere... No pun intended... I truly believe the question of the Trinity can NEVER be resolved... I have studied with Jehovah's Witnesses and Christians at the same time... (Witnesses do not take offence) I didn't know any other way to state who I studied with... During the...

Life after death [ 32 Answers ]

Many religions talk many thing. There is a common agreement that death is certain and all it is uncertain when it will happen. But still it remained a question mark what happens after the death?

Life or death for my lizards [ 1 Answers ]

I wondered what is the humidity level of anole lizards and what will happen if the humidity is to low or to high

Life after my moms death [ 1 Answers ]

I am 34 yrs old and I lost my mom through cancer 7 months ago. My sister and I took care of her on her last 6 months. She wanted to die at home. I have been married for 8 yrs . Will never have children of my own. 13 yrs ago one of my sisters was murdered by her husband.and she left 2 little girls...

View more questions Search