Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 03:20 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    I said all of the above because I believe you are born innocent.
    OK so far.

As life goes on, I know I was shaped by what I saw, learned and felt.
    But what you were taught had nothing to do with it or were you taught nothing and learned it all on your own?

Shoot for the greater good in every situation. If it felt bad, I knew it wasn't what I should be doing.
    But why did it feel bad?

Like right now, I shouldn't be judging you to be a hard a$$ christian with an attitude. I should rise above that. No one told me it was wrong. It just doesn't settle right in my spirit.
    I don't really have an attitude other than I don't get why people complicate things so much. To me it's pretty simple, we may be born innocent but our values are shaped by outside influences. I think we're even born with a sense of God, but nobody goes without their values being shaped by others one way or another. That's why I say it's a bold assumption to think we would do right anyway, just because.

I never said that there were people that grow up without instruction one way or another. Remember, I said all the above. I do believe you come to a point in your life where you have established your own moral compass and don't need instruction for each event that comes along. Now, are you going to answer the question I put to you.
    The answer to your question is I don't know. I can't say if I could be good naturally because I had parents that instilled values in me. I don't think it's a question that can be answered any other way.
    classyT Posts: 1,562, Reputation: 214
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 05:14 PM
    All the above. Plus, it's not bold, it's natural. Are you telling me that you would not be able to do it without instruction?
    Oh man Coz,

You are a better woman than me. It does not come natural to me at all. I KNOW me... on the outside... a darling angel... lol... not so much on the inside.

To answer your question, yes the Lord will come back according to many scriptures to rule and reign. He will come back right after the 7 year tribulation period and the Bible says if he didn't that no flesh would be left. He will set up His EARTHLY kingdom in Jerusalem for 1000 year. During this time Satan is bound in the bottomless pit. The Bible records that the earth will go back kind of like in the garden of eden. The Lion will lay with the lamb, kids will play with deadly snakes. He will no doubt appoint rulers over countries but make no mistake he will be in control. He will have ALL power. There will be no wars, famines... you get the point. But after 1000 years there will be many that go along with Jesus because they HAVE to, not because they want it.. satan is let out, he gathers up a revolt He doesn't win. God will destroy the heavens and the earth and this ushers in the Great White Throne Judgement where everu man who is NOT written in the lambs book of life will give an account of their works... not going to be a good day. So there is your view in a nutshell.
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 05:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesushelper76 View Post
    The values are within each of our spirit. Our spirit knows what is right and wrong. It is up to us to decide whether to listen our own inner being which is part of God, or rebel. At the same time we are always learning and always growing. It is life long experience. We need to open ourselves up to God, and get him to guide us. He is within us...

the only part I have a problem with is that GOD IS NOT within all of us. We are not born with HIS spirit, that comes only by accepting Jesus as our savior. We ARE born with a conscience but when we refuse to even listen to it the Bible says it becomes seared. Being morally good is great... but it isn't good enough for the LORD. He sent his ONLY SON to die and we are ARROGANT to think we can bypass that with our own goodness.

The bible says that ALL of OUR RIGHTEOUSNESS are as filthy rags. Come on! No matter how moral and good and upright we are... it ain't cutting it. But the good news is God fixed the problem.

One last thought.. we may be born innocent but we are still born a sinner by nature. That sin nature is the total opposite of God. Is it our fault we are born like that?. Nope. Blame ADAM but... again God fixed the problem.
    speechlesstx Posts: 1,111, Reputation: 284
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 06:06 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by classyT View Post
    not gonna be a good day.
    Well, for some. ;)
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 07:21 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by speechlesstx View Post
    Well, for some. ;)
    Speech,

In the words of my 16 yr old son... FO SHO! Scary times. Can you imagine being called up?:eek: Why oh why won't people listen?
    arcura Posts: 3,773, Reputation: 191
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 07:29 PM
    mum45 ,
    No need for an apology.
    There were and still are inspired writings after the bible.
    But the main Holy Scripture are our basic guide.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 29, 2009, 11:41 PM

I don't think god has stopped inspiring, I believe we as human beings have failed to reach the level of enlightenment the authors of the bible reached, I mean men and women today spiritually are @ a infants level of maturity while Biblical figures such as abraham, moses, jesus are what I would called spiritually enlightened giants.
    Let's face it folks we don't have many enoch, or elijah's running round planet earth. What we do have are pastors preaching a bible that they themselves don't fully understand, no wonder so many people loss sight of God's awesome glory.
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 08:23 PM
    lighterrr,
    Don't forget Christ's apostles.
    They were trained and enlightened by Jesus and received the Holy Spirit from Him.
    Fred
    lighterrr Posts: 1,415, Reputation: 72
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 08:51 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    lighterrr,
    Don't forget Christ's apostles.
    They were trained and enlightened by Jesus and received the Holy Spirit from Him.
    Fred
    arcura yes you are right, that I why I said the writers of the old and new testament. Just like jesus showed the disciples the way to get to God, we are to use his way of life to tap into the light of God within us.:)
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 09:28 PM
    lighterrr
    Agreed!!
    Fred
    Maggie 3 Posts: 262, Reputation: 41

Apr 30, 2009, 10:42 PM
    For the word of God is living and powerful, and sharper than any two-edged sword,
    Piercing even to the division of soul and spirit, and joints and marrow, and is a discerner
    Of the thoughts and intents of the heart. Hebrews 4:12
    The bible is complete and it is still inspiring. It imparts stenght, and gives direction for our
    Lives: "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path." Psalm 119:105
    The Holy Spirt will guide us into all truth. The same Holy Spirit who inspired the writers of the Scriptures will guide us in following Jesus, who is "the way, the truth, and the life".
    John 14:6--
    He, (Holy Spirit) will speak what He hears. The Holy Spirit knows the mind of God. He has access the havenly scene, and He will translate God's message to us. He also knows what
    The devil is planning for us. If we learn to listen, He will whisper to us. "Watch out,
    be careful." Be still and know that I Am, God. When we give ourself totally to God,
    Who love us beyond words, will not keep any good thing from us and give us His
    Holy Spirit to guide us to understand and into all truth. That is inspiring.

Maggie 3
    Ultra Member

Apr 30, 2009, 11:29 PM
    Maggie 3.
    Well said ad presented.
    Yes I believe that Holy Scripture and God still do inspire people.
    Peace and kindness,
    Fred
    inthebox Posts: 787, Reputation: 179

May 1, 2009, 03:59 AM
    This is something I have been wondering for awhile. Supposedly, the bible was written by men who were "inspired" by God. Much of it is supposed to be God's word.

SO, was that all God had to say? No one else has been inspired by God to write additional books for over 2000 years? Seems like God would want to convey more direction or wisdom, or support during this long stretch of time. Maybe even have a blog. Why did God stop inspiring?
    Look, I can't even live the life that He talks about in the bible. Probably figured that - I'll tell these folks they are not perfect, but that 's okay because I sent Jesus to tke care of that. And love each other... what more is there to say?:)

I think every time we pray - well that is better than tweeting - and the Bible is His blog that we can always read. ;)

G&P
    Ultra Member

May 1, 2009, 12:15 PM
    inthebox ,
    Good point.
    Thanks
    Fred
    homesell Posts: 244, Reputation: 43

May 7, 2009, 01:46 AM

The Bible says that in the past God spoke to us through the prophets but in these last days has given us his Son.
    Jesus is the summation of all that God has told us. He is the WORD of God made flesh.
    Ultra Member

May 7, 2009, 09:21 PM
    homesell,
    Yes, that is true.
    Jesus is the walking talking word of God.
    Fred
    I Newton Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Jan 8, 2010, 05:36 AM

Cozy asked:
    > SO, was that all God had to say? No one else has been inspired by God to write additional books for over 2000 years?

That is all we need.
    The Bible begins with the creation of the universe and the history of man and what God requires of us, how to survive, how to treat others and ends with what is going to happen when Christ returns.
    It is complete, from beginning to Revelation, there is no more needed.

1Corinthians 4:6 I have applied all this to myself and Apol'los for your benefit, brethren, that you may learn by us not to go beyond what is written, that none of you may be puffed up in favor of one against another.

So we do not need any more than the scriptures.

1John 2:1 My little children, these things I write to you, so that you may not sin.

If we needed anything else it would have been written down.

1John 4:1 Beloved, do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits to see whether they are from God, because many false prophets have gone out into the world.

You MUST put their teachings to the test

1Timothy 4:1 Now the Spirit expressly says that in latter times some will depart from the faith, giving heed to deceiving spirits and doctrines of demons,

Hence we have numerous different Christian religions.

2Thessalonians 3:14 If anyone does not obey what we say in this letter, take note of that person, and have nothing to do with him, that he may be ashamed.

That's pretty clear.

2Timothy 3:15 from childhood you have known the Holy Scriptures, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

A child can understand the scripture.
    It is not so mysterious after all.
    AND the scriptures can make you wise for salvation.
    We do not need anything else.

Acts 17:11 These were more fair-minded than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all readiness, and searched the Scriptures daily [to find out] whether these things were so.

We too should follow their lead.

Acts 17:2 Then Paul, as his custom was, went in to them, and for three Sabbaths reasoned with them from the Scriptures,

Jesus and the apostles reasoned from the scripture, not tradition or man's philosophy, but scripture.

Galatians 1:8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed.

That's pretty clear.
    Would a false teacher declare it is different? Would not be much of a false teacher now would he?
    The false teacher will obviously try to deceive by saying his teachings conform to the teachings of Christ.

John 5:47 But if you do not believe his writings, how will you believe My words?"

Cannot be any plainer.

Revelation 22:18-19 I testify to everyone who hears the words of the prophecy of this book: If anyone adds to these things, God will add [fn] to him the plagues that are written in this book;

You would want to be pretty careful

2Peter 2:1,3 But there were also false prophets among the people, even as there will be false teachers among you… And many will follow their destructive ways, because of whom the way of truth will be blasphemed … By covetousness they will exploit you with deceptive words

Matthew 15:2-9 "Why do Your disciples transgress the tradition of the elders? …
    He answered and said to them, "Why do you also transgress the commandment of God because of your tradition?.
    Thus you have made the commandment [fn] of God of no effect by your tradition….
    And in vain they worship Me, Teaching [as] doctrines the commandments of men.'

Romans 16:18 For those who are such do not serve our Lord Jesus [fn] Christ, but their own belly, and by smooth words and flattering speech deceive the hearts of the simple.

And it still goes on today.
    Ultra Member

Jan 9, 2010, 12:27 AM

I believe that God has not stopped inspiring people.
    There are many works and activities out there that indicate that tio me.
    I believe that God has inspired me several times and in answer to my prayers for inspiration.
    The works of the early Church fathers are considered by over a billion people to be inspired. They are called Tradition (that's with an upper case "T") and accepted as such by several denominations and are important to Church teaching
    Of the Bible.
    Peace abnd kindness,
    Fred
    cozyk Posts: 802, Reputation: 125

Jan 9, 2010, 01:48 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by arcura View Post
    I believe that God has not stopped inspiring people.
    There are many works and activities out there that indicate that tio me.
    I believe that God has inspired me several times and in answer to my prayers for inspiration.
    The works of the early Church fathers are considered by over a billion people to be inspired. They are called Tradition (that's with an upper case "T") and accepted as such by several denominations and are important to Church teaching
    of the Bible.
    Peace abnd kindness,
    Fred
    I guess what I am asking is, why hasn't the bible expanded. It's
    Been the same number of books for so long.
    I Newton Posts: 110, Reputation: 8

Jan 9, 2010, 01:55 AM

As I said in my post.

There is nothing more we need.

The Bible starts with the beginning of the universe and ends when Jesus returns as King.

We do not need anything more.

Why would there be a need for more?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I stop? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, since the age of 8 I've been masterbating now I'm 17 and had a girlfriend for the last 3 years 2 of which we've been having sex and yet I still masterbate 3-4 times a week(sometimes more). My first question is, is that normal? My second question is, if it isn't how can I stop? I am worried that...

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

Nooma- rain, watch this its inspiring [ 4 Answers ]

I cry every time I watch this, it is very inspiring. Please take the time to watch it. Unfortunately, the 1st one is the only one you can watch for free :( NOOMA.com

What really is inspiring? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm investigating the true nature of inspiration.. if anyone fancies swaying my research in any particular direction.. or just wants to give a few thoughts, insights or share anything at all.. I'll include them and represent their views.. it is simply 8 questions which I will go on to analyse...

View more questions Search