Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jan 9, 2010, 02:49 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by cozyk View Post
    I guess what i am asking is, why hasn't the bible expanded. It's
    been the same number of books for so long.
    Hello Cozyk,

I think Fred has summed up things pretty well when he says that God still inspires people. I also think Fred's explanation of tradition is pretty close to the mark.

We need to appreciate that the bible was written in a completely different time to our own. Now this may sound a bit terse but is is very significant.

Today we live in a very complex society with competing theories of knowledge. To put this another way, we live in a society which is as complex as it is critical.

Anyone who comes forward and claims that they can legitimately add to the Bible would be treated with great scepticism, and rightly so. After all, there have been a lot of false profits in modern times.

The sad thing is that everyone is rejected. This is regardless of whether they are genuine or not.

I hope this goes someway to answering your question. I might add that it is a very good question, but very difficult to answer in a few lines.
    chocodrip Posts: 66, Reputation: 4

Jan 29, 2010, 11:04 AM

Please read Ellen.G.White's 'The Desire of Ages". Her books are considered to be the lesser light leading to the Greater Light (Bible)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I stop? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, since the age of 8 I've been masterbating now I'm 17 and had a girlfriend for the last 3 years 2 of which we've been having sex and yet I still masterbate 3-4 times a week(sometimes more). My first question is, is that normal? My second question is, if it isn't how can I stop? I am worried that...

Why won't it stop? What would make it stop? [ 6 Answers ]

I don't know why But I can't let go of my ex. I don't care about anyone else I just want her. It has been going on now for 3 months. People say time will heal, how long of time? It is beginning to destroy my life I don't even want to get out of bed. I feel that I cannot be full again with out her?...

Nooma- rain, watch this its inspiring [ 4 Answers ]

I cry every time I watch this, it is very inspiring. Please take the time to watch it. Unfortunately, the 1st one is the only one you can watch for free :( NOOMA.com

What really is inspiring? [ 1 Answers ]

I'm investigating the true nature of inspiration.. if anyone fancies swaying my research in any particular direction.. or just wants to give a few thoughts, insights or share anything at all.. I'll include them and represent their views.. it is simply 8 questions which I will go on to analyse...

View more questions Search