Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 20, 2006, 07:02 PM
    Monitor goes black
    Okay, I know someone knows the answer to this.

While I am sitting here writing papers, responding to AMHD, whatever, my monitor all of the sudden wiggles on the sides then goes black. I have to turn it off then back on again.

All connections are tight, so that probably is not it. Does anyone have a clue? Do I need to get a new monitor soon?

Thanks in advance.
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Sep 21, 2006, 02:24 AM
    I sounds to me that the monitor is on it's way out. Is it a CRT monitor (big, chunky thing, curved screen) or a LCD monitor (flat screen)? Also how old is it?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Sep 21, 2006, 04:24 AM
    It is a CRT (big and chunky) and it is about 6 years old.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Monitor colors faded (Monitor color problem) [ 5 Answers ]

I have an envision flat screen monitor and the issue is I had a worm on my computer so I had to reboot it.When the startup came up the colors were faded in a blueish light hue . I updated the drives but still nothing worked. I don't know if it's the monitor or vga cable or just the video card in...

Black spots on arm [ 1 Answers ]

I have black spots on my arm. I've recently noticed them. They're between the elbo and shoulder more towards the back. Can someone tell me what this might be. It seems to be getting worse and worse.

Black marks [ 3 Answers ]

i had a skin reaction to something i have recently eaten and now it has left black marks on my skin................ any advice as to how i could get rid of them????????????????? :( :( :( :( :(

Black Border Around Monitor [ 6 Answers ]

Using 98 SE---I have this black border on the left and right of each web page about an inch wide--how to I get rid of this and go back to full screen--? --Thank you--

View more questions Search