Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mstover369 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 12:36 PM
    Background checks
    I am wondering how far back a employer looking to hire a person can go back in years, I had a felony in 1996 will this show up on my background check?
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 02:36 PM

Did you answer a question on the job application that asked if you were EVER convicted of a felony or did the question ask if you were convicted within the past 7 or 10 years? Makes a big difference what the question was on the job application.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 03:29 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mstover369 View Post
    how far back a employer looking to hire a person can go back in years, i had a felony in 1996 will this show up on my background check?
    Hello ms:

As long as they want. Sure it will show up.

excon
    mstover369 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 04:15 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by twinkiedooter View Post
    Did you answer a question on the job application that asked if you were EVER convicted of a felony or did the question ask if you were convicted within the past 7 or 10 years? Makes a big difference what the question was on the job application.
    No inever filled out a application, because I used to work there in the past, but the company has recently changed owners, new company, new rules I guess.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Background Checks [ 4 Answers ]

I am looking for a job abd most require a background check what I s zero tolerance and if you have a background and it is non violent then what do you do?

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone travelled to the UK. Tell me the procedure and if background checks was part of it. A speedy response will be appreciated. Prento

Background checks [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone help me with this one? Does the UK immigration do background checks on visitors to the country at their time of airport arrival?

Fbi background checks [ 1 Answers ]

Will an arrest warrant on small local scale show up in a fbi fingerprint background check? No conviction. I received a citation and was given a court date.

Background checks [ 1 Answers ]

I would like to know about comprehensive background checks. Can someone get records on a person's psychiatric disability if they were in a psyh. Hospital or the name of their psychiatrist. Thank you... raven;)

View more questions Search