Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    roadrunner1580 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 08:33 AM
    Truck Driver with a minor felony
    I am a truck driver in US, out of Memphis TN, I have a minor felony on my record that occurred 10 years ago. Can I enter Canada and re-enter the US for working and driving purposes. What must I do.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 03:38 PM

You cannot enter Canada with a felony even if it's only a traffic felony for doing so many miles over the speed limit as a CDL holder. You would have to have your "minor" felony completely expunged before you could enter Canada on a trucking job. Otherwise, tell your dispatch you can't enter Canada.

A trucker friend of mine had the over the limit speeding felony on his record and had to tell his employer he could not enter Canada due to it and they didn't give him a hard time about it. They just didn't dispatch him to Canada anymore.
    bjohnson5884 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Mar 21, 2010, 07:05 AM

That is correct you cannot enter Canada if you have a felony conviction.. You can learn more at Felony Truck Drivers

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck driver class A with a 15yr old felony conviction [ 3 Answers ]

Hello people my name is paul. And I'm a truck driver from las vegas nv. And I'm looking for some loca,are dedicated runs.I have about 4.5 yrs verifiable exp ,but I have a 15 yr old felony.my driving record is in good standing. Is there anyone who can point me to companys that hire hard working...

Licensed cdl truck driver w/ felony? [ 2 Answers ]

I am a licensed cdl truck driver. I cannot get a semi driving job because of a felon I had from 4 years ago . Anyone?

Hireing a truck driver with 1 feloney [ 1 Answers ]

Are there any trucking companies that hire drivers with a feloney? I have no parole or probation

Truck driver [ 2 Answers ]

I have afelony on my record for a drug conviction since 1997&1998. It's a drug conviction.

Truck Driver Training [ 3 Answers ]

I would like a list of trucking companies that offer free training.

View more questions Search