Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    miketullynyc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 29, 2013, 10:19 PM
    My unit also stopped working, displaying "cannot read disc" on every DVD. It sounds as though I have a $400.00 hunk of garbage because of Sony's design flaws.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jan 30, 2013, 05:44 AM
    2 things Non techs can do is, clean the lens, and check the Belt(s).
    It happens more times than you would believe and is an easy fix.
    Beyond that, you will need a meter.
    uncle charlie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2013, 11:38 PM
    I have the same issues with the cannot play problem. Sometimes it plays and then dies again. I checked everything and cleaned the laser and checked the belt to no avail. I intended to give up and buy a Blu-ray carousel only to find out that they have been discontinued, so now all I'm left with is a 400 disc storage unit.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Sony handycam disc error [ 5 Answers ]

Sony dcr-dvd210 camera. Every mini dvd put into it results in a 'disc error' C:13:00. It does not recognise any of them. Discs are Sony dvd-rw, surely whole box is not bad?

Samsung Blu-ray DVD player will not read disk [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Samsung Blu_ray DVD player model BD-P1000 that suddenly will not read any disk at all, instead it displays the message "disk error". Does any body have similar experience and know what is wrong with it? I have some electronic repair experience, just need some hint as to where the...

Turn my dvd into a multi-regional player [ 1 Answers ]

Please help I bought a Matsui MATDVD330 DVD and it clearly states on the Curry's website that it's a region 2 but multi-reginal can be enabled. I've tried many things but I can't seem to be able to change it. Is there any special codes or set ups that I need because I haven't a clue.. If...

Data disc won't read [ 2 Answers ]

CD or DVD drive doesn't see data disc in windows xp home sp2

View more questions Search