Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    l0u1se202 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 03:03 AM
    Bunny behaviour
    I have three neutered, well behaved rabbits whom I love dearly. They live outside in a shed which has been adapted for them, so they have plenty of room to explore and run around when I can't be there to watch them in the garden. I was wondering how I could tell which rabbit was dominant as all three seem to take turns mounting each other and grooming each other and spend most of their time cuddled up together. It isn't important I realise but would love to understand as much as I can about their behavior because I am fascinated.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 03:17 AM

Hi louise :)
    Our resident Bunny expert is usually online in a few hours, I'm sure she can help you out :)
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 03:26 AM

From my point of view, (I'm not an expert), it doesn't seem as if there was a dominant rabbit... each seems to be trying to show their 'dominancy'. We'll see with the expert.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Apr 28, 2009, 09:14 AM

Although dominance is present in wild rabbits domesticated rabbits usually don't have a dominant bunny. It is possible, but not the norm.

Rabbits in the wild need a hierarchy in order to survive, but domesticated rabbits have adapted to life with their humans and other bunny friends. They have no need for a leader because all their needs are met without having to do any work.

If they are all humping each other, not just one rabbit humping the others, then it's just a form of stress relief or temporarily trying to assert dominance. Sounds to me like your bunny's are all equals in eachothers eyes. :)

It sounds like you have a very nice bunny family, we'd love pictures. :)
    l0u1se202 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 02:35 AM
    Thank you so much for all your help glad to know my bunnies all seem happy thanks again
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 03:53 AM

Thanks for coming back to let us know :)
    Glad all is well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

What does BUNNY mean? [ 8 Answers ]

My name is Bunny, I do not know its meaning. Tell

My bunny again. [ 5 Answers ]

So well... My rabbit is pulling out a lot of fur, and making a nest with it, SHE IS NOT PREGNANT, as she hasn't been around a male for at least 4 months. Im not worried about the whole nest thing, its about how much hair she is taking out! Half her cage is complete hair! Also I don't know if I...

Bunny has become unfriendly [ 16 Answers ]

Hello, I recently adopted 2 bunnies, a male and a female. They were brother and sister and never separated. My male rabbit had recently died(about a month ago), and now the five month old female is attacking anyone who puts there hand in her cage! Its hard to even feed her! Please help. I am...

Bunny Bites [ 1 Answers ]

I got a new bunny for my birthday, and it is what I always wanted.:D But now I have my bunny and it is mean, it bites and it isn't fixed so it sprays. :( I am afraid that my bunny doesn't like me, because it bites me every chance it gets and every time I get near its cage it runs or hides. Does...

Outside bunny Problem [ 1 Answers ]

My rabbit lives in my garage, he seems very happy but I do have one problem. My garage is not heated, when it gets very cold I bring him in the house until the cold snap lets up a bit, the problem is I can not keep his water from freezing. Anybody have any ideas?

View more questions Search