Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    KhenAustria Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 01:03 AM
    Scientific calculator
    what are the formula to make a scientific calculator using visual basic??
    Formula for Sin, Int, Mod, And, Or, Lsh??
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 28, 2009, 05:42 AM

There isn't a "formula" to make a scientific calculator. You have to write an entire program to do that.

If you were to write a four-function calculator (certainly not anywhere near a "scientific calculator"), you could drop four buttons on a form. Label the buttons "+", "-", "*", and "/". Put a text box in the area for an "accumulator". Drop ten additional buttons on the form and label them "0", "1", "2", "3", "4", "5", "6", "7", "8", "9". Double-click on each of the buttons to create "handlers" for each "on-click" event. Write code to add the numerals to the accumulator or to add, subtract, multiply, divide.

If you want a scientific calculator, you must also add buttons or handlers for the features you want (trigonometry, roots, powers, etc).

Sin is used to generate the sine function of an angle.
    Int takes a real number and truncates it so as to remove the fractional part of the number.
    Mod is for "Modular" arithmetic. It produces the "remainder" after dividing by a given number.
    AND and OR are Boolean operators for Boolean algebra.
    LSH is a "Left SHift" operator. This is a "bitwise" operator.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

VB codes for creating scientific calculator [ 3 Answers ]

If possible I need help on codes for converting numbers such as Binary to octal,Binary to Decimal number system, thnks in advance

Vb 6.0 calculator [ 2 Answers ]

Please help me! On my prject , I need a source code of a vb 6.0 calculator please help. Tnx

Fertility Calculator ? [ 17 Answers ]

Hey friends, For last two months I am trying to get pregnant but no result... I suspect that I am trying in wrong date I mean not in fertility window... I have checked diff fertility calculator available online which aks your period date and cycle time etc... but every this is so confusion and...

TI-84 Plus Calculator [ 1 Answers ]

This is sort of a math question and it isn't. I just bought this calculator yesterday, and the book that came with it does not tell me how to program the Quadratic formula as well as other equations into this calculator. And someone I know in my class has the same one and told me that this can be...

How to do e-0.05 on a calculator [ 5 Answers ]

Hi there, What are the exact steps I press on a calculator to do the following: - 40e-0.05 I keep getting the wrong answer? Any help is appreciated

View more questions Search