Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Apr 27, 2009, 10:48 PM
    Argentinean tegu encounter
    My Tegu got out of her enclosure tonight, and attacked a toad. I live in South Florida, and I cannot tell if the toad is the garden variety American toad, or the poisonous cane toad. I'd already be rushing her to the vet, but the problem is, she has a favorite hiding spot that she crawled into, that is literally five feet deep, and maybe eight inches high. The underside of my tub.
    I am currently in the slow process of remodeling the house, and the drywall in back of the tub is gone, until I can afford the plumber to come back and fix a leak. I live in an old, old house. The toads, both kinds, have literally burrowed under the foundation of the house, and live in the dirt where the outflow pipe of the bathtub is. We don't want to kill them either.
    Can a Tegu survive biting a cane toad?
    BIGBOPPER Posts: 351, Reputation: 28

Apr 28, 2009, 11:30 AM

Well, I already solved the problem! Well that is, "Tegzilla," did. She crawled out of her hole, and under her basking light, (which we mounted outside of her enclosure for fire safety reasons,) and is lazily basking the afternoon away. Obviously if it was a bufo Marin's, she wouldn't be doing that. We are now in the process of enclosing the hole, and shoring up her enclosure, so that this doesn't happen again.
    shazamataz Posts: 6,642, Reputation: 1244
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 11:43 AM

Glad to hear you solved it BIGBOPPER. Sorry you didn't get any help though :( I don't know anything about them.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Did I encounter a ghost? [ 1 Answers ]

A couple of years ago I was in bed for the night. My husband was sound asleep and the dog was sleeping at the foot of our bed. I woke up to feel a sudden, unpleasant chill at the top of my head which slowly moved down my body. When it reached my feet and the foot of the bed where the dog was, ...

Compatibility of a tegu and iguana [ 1 Answers ]

I just bought an iguana and wonderd if my tegu would eat him or would be OK together in a 16' by 16' room.

First encounter! What next? [ 49 Answers ]

Today was a VERY interesting day. I saw my ex-b/f who I had not heard from or seen in SIX MONTHS!!!!!!!! I prepared myself for the day I would see him again. I was ready. I looked fabulous and fierce. Everything from the hair down to the shoes was in place and on point. I could see him out of...

Interesting Encounter [ 11 Answers ]

some mormans came to my door the other day, and being polite as I am had huge trouble in snobbing them, they talked about this guy and how he was supposedly given the right to be a prophet or whatever and they were saying, it's the same faith being followed, there's no change between the values of...

View more questions Search