Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    inquisitivegir7 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 08:40 PM
    Will I Get Hired? (wet reckless)
    I graduated from college last year in 2008 and stupidly received a wet reckless. The incident happened in November but with court and everything, it only ended in early April of this year. My question is, should I even bother applying for jobs right now? Or should I wait a while longer? I've been reading things online that if it happened a long time ago, usually employers won't mind, but as mine is still recent, I'm very worried.

I don't have any real work experience except with working at a call center, and for the Institute of Social Research where I called random people and asked them questions for a survey. There's not much else to say except that I graduated CumLaude (it won't let me space the words out), was on the Dean's list, and am a member of the PKP Honor Society. I've also done a lot of community service, but I don't know how meaningful these things are considered at job interviews.

I have an upcoming interview for a job where I'd make calls and appointments for this Security company, and I was wondering what should I tell them. I plan on being honest about my wet reckless, but should I tell them it was a stupid mistake, and be done with it, or give more details?

Basically, it was the night of my friend's wedding. I stopped at a blinking light because I'm not used to driving downtown, and I wasn't sure what to do. I got pulled over for it right after (I probably drove for a total of 8 minutes), my BAC was .08. I did well on the tests except for touching my nose apparently, and when reading the cop's report, I swear he exaggerated! I just couldn't believe what he wrote. My lawyer told me we could fight it to the end, but it wasn't for sure I'd win, and I didn't really have the funds to continue.

Anyway, to summarize (sorry it's so long), is it too soon after my wet reckless to expect someone to hire me? & For future interviews, how much detail should I provide regarding my wet reckless?
    Paper Chaser Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

May 10, 2009, 10:29 AM
    As an individual who has suffered this fate, confirm whether you are eligible for expungement. I am not sure as to which state you reside, but many states allow for expungement of any criminal violations that are non-violent. This will surely help you move on with your life.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wet Reckless immigration into Canada [ 2 Answers ]

I'm trying to spend New Years in Whistler, Canada but have recently heard that you cannot enter if you have been charged with a DUI or wet reckles. I was charged with a wet reckless this year and am wondering if that will my impair my ablity to visit Canada for a few days. Does anyone know? ...

Reckless Driving [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Several years ago I was arrested for reckless driving. Basically, I was so tired that I could barely stay awake. Therefore, I was weaving all over the highway. To the best of my recollection, my car weaved onto the outer shoulder and then I regained alertness. Then, I weaved into the...

My Dad is a reckless driver! [ 3 Answers ]

Every time I get into the car with my dad, it scares the heck out of me! He always goes over the speed limit by 10 miles per hour, even in really heavy traffic. He eats food when he drives, and drives when he's tired or stressed, making him almost go off the road all the time. I constantly have...

View more questions Search