Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ditto2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 07:13 PM
    Upstairs and downstairs bathroom outlets not working
    I noticed the one outlet in my upstairs bathroom stopped working. I thought it was just the actual outlet and planned on replacing it. However, I then noticed that the downstairs bathroom outlet is also not working. Lights in each bathroom work but only the outlets are not working. The downstairs bath is directly below the upstairs bath.

I checked for a tripped circuit but nothing tripped.

Could there be something related to the wiring? Could it run between the two baths and something caused both outlets to burn out?
    21boat Posts: 2,441, Reputation: 212
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 07:51 PM

The outlets should be on a GFI. Look to see if one below the other bathroom tripped if it's a GFI. Sounds like they were run on the same circuit and they way that works is install one GFI and anything after that will be GFI protected. The other way to GFI that circuit is on the breaker which has a diff reset switch.

Turn off breaker and push a bit to "click it to reset and flip it back on and see what we have from there.

It could be a loose wire feed to first outlet and of course thats dead and the what ever is on past that outlet.

Very rarely two outlets "burn out" it's the outlet that's the circuit feed to goes bad and then all outlets after that is dead.
    Ditto2 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 28, 2009, 07:04 AM
    You were right. Thanks!! Saved me a lot of trouble.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hot water downstairs but not upstairs [ 5 Answers ]

Over the weekend the water has failed to run hot upstairs but still manages to run hot downstairs. Even the shower is freezing. Does anybody know what could be causing this? Thanks

Too Hot Downstairs/Too Cold Upstairs [ 3 Answers ]

I know this sounds funny but it is very true. My downstairs will be 80 and upstairs is like 65. I Live in Minot ND. It gets around -60 in the dead of winter. But I have a problem with heat upstairs, I have closed all of the vents downstairs and have all of the vents open in the upstairs. I live in...

Hot water downstairs, no hot upstairs [ 1 Answers ]

When I got up this morning, I went to wash my hands and no water came out of the faucet. I turned the knob to the cold water and I got water. I checked the faucets downstairs and the hot water is working fine. My husband went to the basement and the pipes felt warm and there wasn't a leak. The hot...

Cold air upstairs, hot air downstairs [ 5 Answers ]

Hi, We recently bought a new house and are having a problem with our heating system. The air upstairs is significantly colder than downstairs, in fact you can feel the change as you go up the stairs. The air coming out of the vents upstairs is about the same as the cool room temperature....

Heating working upstairs but not downstairs! [ 1 Answers ]

When I turn on our gas fired central heating all the radiators upstairs heat up and work as normal. However, every radiator downstairs is cold. There are 2 thermostats 1 for up and 1 for down but I haven't touched either of them? Is it a fuse or is the gas boiler itself?

View more questions Search