Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Apr 27, 2009, 06:52 PM
    A way to change language on vista
    Hello, I was asked by someone if it was possible to change the language on windows vista. Like so all the menus and everything show up in the selected language... and so I was trying to do that on their PC, but it only changes other things, however everything else like the menus and tabs stay the same. Then I read of other people trying to do the same thing, with the same results. So I was wondering if anyone knew of another way, that would actually work, to change the language? So that maybe they wouldn't have to go pay someone else to do it. If anyone knows of any other way, or has done it before, please reply. Thanks to all who do.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 07:14 PM

Open Regional and Language Options by clicking the Start button , clicking Control Panel, clicking Clock, Language, and Region, and then clicking Regional and Language Options.

2.Click the Keyboards and Languages tab.

3.Under Display language, choose a language from the list, and then click OK.

Note: If you don't see the list of display languages, you need to install additional language files first. For more information, see Install a display language.
    When you change the display language, the text in menus and dialog boxes for some programs might not be in the language that you want. This happens because the program might not support Unicode. For more information about changing the text in menus and dialog boxes for programs that do not support Unicode, see Change the system locale.

Hope that helps and you can always call Microsoft Windows tech support and they can walk you through it to. No need to pay someone.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to change language in 'Regional and Language Options' without restarting? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there! On windows I have to work on 3 languages, Japanese, English and Thai. Some programs I use don't work on Thai-English windows, so I have to switch the window language to Japanese-English in 'Regional and Language Options' and it restart every time. There's any ways to set window...

How to change the language of a deed? [ 2 Answers ]

I want to purchase a dwelling on owned land to live in year round. The problem is that the deed states: "The land and premises conveyed herein are subject to the covenant and restriction running with the land that any present dwelling and any future dwelling on said land may only be used for...

View more questions Search