Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    manyo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 05:00 PM
    Grand Banks of newfoundland canada
    I have found information on the grand banks, like how the gulf stream and the labador current are in this location making high nutrient and sediments for there to be mulitple marine life activity and also how it is very shallow in water. But while reading and finding information on this question(posted below) I did not find anything about boulders. Can someone please help me?
    I posted the question below, as you can see I did research quite a bit about the area but do not understand why it mention boulders.

The Grand Banks is an extensive, relatively shallow area southeast of Newfoundland, Canada, and off the U.S. northeastern coast. Why are these large boulders scattered across this area so far from shore?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 05:06 PM

My research tells me the boulders are scattered about off the Grand Banks because of tsumami and eathquake activity in the l700s.

I would think that this would be quite obvious to you, manyo, seeing as you have done research yourself into the Grand Banks.

tickle
    manyo Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 05:11 PM

Oh, haha thanks, I did not even think about the earthquake, thank you again

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

REO Banks [ 4 Answers ]

I'm a Real Estate Agent, and a pretty good one too, but I am trying to break into the REO bank owned properties so that I can work for various lending institutions and list and sell bank owned property. Can anyone tell me if there is a list of who's who and how I go about getting that list and...

What are a grand mothers rights to see her grand children [ 2 Answers ]

What are a grand mothers rights

Banks that use TransUnion [ 3 Answers ]

Which banks use TranUnion for Credit Reporting?

Loans from banks [ 3 Answers ]

Does anyone know of a bank that gives loans to people with not so hot credit

View more questions Search