Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    millerfam6 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 04:41 PM
    Are Brown eggs the same as white nutritionally?
    What's the difference between brown and white eggs
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 04:57 PM

Had a farm years ago. So no, there is no difference in value (potein, vitamins, minerals). My plymouth rock hens always laid white eggs and the red hens laid white eggs, along with the white chickens. Sometimes the white chickens laid brown eggs. So you go figure. No, no difference in health benefits.

tick
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 27, 2009, 05:05 PM

Brown Eggs vs White Eggs - Difference and Comparison - Diffen

Contrary to popular belief, brown eggs are not a healthier alternative to white eggs. There is no nutritional difference between brown and white eggs.

Cause of difference in color of white and brown eggs
    The color difference is due to the specific breed of hen, according to the Egg Nutrition Center. Hens with white feathers and white earlobes lay white eggs, whereas hens with red feathers and matching-colored earlobes lay brown eggs.

Chicken that lay brown vs white eggs
    The most common breeds of chickens used for egg-laying are the White Leghorn, the Rhode Island Red, and the New Hampshire. White Leghorn chickens are white and lay white eggs. Rhode Island Red and New Hampshire chickens are reddish brown and lay brown or brown-speckled eggs.

Cost of brown vs white eggs
    Brown eggs, however, are more expensive because the chickens that lay them eat more than those that lay white eggs." Among the breeds that lay brown eggs are the Rhode Island Red, the New Hampshire and the Plymouth Rock--all larger birds that require more food.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does White Rice Cost Less than Brown Rice? [ 9 Answers ]

Hi, Everyone, I have been consuming brown rice for years, but today, while discussing the differences between brown rice and white rice with my girlfriend, she asked me why white rice would cost less if it requires so much more energy to process it (by process, I mean milling it, polishing it,...

Eggs [ 4 Answers ]

How long does it take to boil an egg? (I can never get it right)

Brown "coon tail" in white blonde hairr? Need to get it out! [ 3 Answers ]

First off, I'm 15, last Wednesday me and my mate decided we would put a coon tail (horrizontal stripes) in half of my hair, my mum went SKITZ and grounded me all week (its the holiday), the sooner I get it out the sooner I can become ungrounded.. I need a way to get it out ASAP:o I am...

Eggs [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to get my scrambled eggs more fluffy and well done at the same time, however they always come out dry and flat can you help me.

Eggs [ 2 Answers ]

This might sound stupid,but does anyone know how long it takes to boil a perfect egg? Thanks.

View more questions Search