Ask
    Lourens Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 03:37 PM
    Prediction of chemical reaction.
    Dear Sir/Madam,
    Will the following reaction take place:-
    Silica sand + hydrogen --> silicon + steam
    SiO2 + 2H2 --> Si + 2H2O
    Will it be necessary to heat up the silica sand before passing the hydrogen through it ?
    Thank you in anticipation
    Lourens - [email protected]
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 04:12 PM

Yes, the reaction will take place. It requires temperatures well above 1000 C -- possibly up to 1400 C.
    Unknown008 Posts: 8,076, Reputation: 723
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 03:41 AM

And no need to post your email address. For anyoutsider can see it and spam you.

If you want people to be able to mail you, go to your profile, under settings and options, go to Edit Options and check in the boxes under Message and Notification the options you want.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Reaction prediction [ 3 Answers ]

What does oxygen and sulfur yield

Prediction products to equations [ 1 Answers ]

I am really struggling with knowing how to set up a product when given the equation. I understand all the rules for the reactions, but once I get it written out, I don't know how to check my work. Chemistry is a real struggle for me and I need some advise for a website or something to check my...

Psychic Prediction [ 7 Answers ]

Can somebody predict about me if at all I can be a multi millionaire ? My date of birth 12th may 73 and time 17:55, Saturday :)

How acurate are ultrasounds in sex prediction? [ 2 Answers ]

I am 18 weeks pregnant, I went yesterday for an ultrasound, which I found out that my baby is a boy, and I was wondering if anyone knows how accurate that really is? I asked the tech how often she is right, and she said that she doesn't know. Anyone have an idea how accurate this is?

Gender prediction [ 4 Answers ]

Any old wives tales, etc... for predicting the sex of an unborn baby? I'm about 3 months pregnant with my second child... Jennyjenm

View more questions Search