Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    none12345 Posts: 1,439, Reputation: 234
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 03:21 PM
    Writing a song with AMHD
    Okies so I have been play guitar for a while now, been playing lots of covers but it's the summer now and its finally time I write an original song =P

I need your help!! =P

First of all I want to write an acoustic song because I don't have a band lol. What are some topics do you guys think? Personally I want something inspiring!!

hehe help me finish a song XD
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:06 PM
    Hi, none12345!

Thanks for doing this! Do you currently have someone whom you're dating or in whom you're interested? Of course, love is a very popular topic.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Clough View Post
    Hi, none12345!

Thanks for doing this! Do you currently have someone whom you're dating or in whom you're interested? Of course, love is a very popular topic.

Thanks!
    lol np not getting much input haha. Im not dating anyone but there is a girl I'm interested in =P but yah love is a very popular topic, I wouldn't mind writing a song about that XD!
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:20 PM

Okay! What does she look like? Hair and eye color, etc. What other attributes might you like about her?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:23 PM
    Okay! What does she look like? Hair and eye color, etc. What other attributes might you like about her?

Thanks!
    its more like I don't really know her too well yet but we're getting to know each other =P. I like how she is funny, knows what she likes aka reading books =P and stuff like that XD
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:26 PM

Okay! Let's work on a title.

How about something like "The Girl I Like". Or maybe, "There's This Girl I Know". Another maybe, "I'm Interested".

You know, something along those lines. I'm sure that you can come up with other titles!

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:28 PM
    Okay! Let's work on a title.

How about something like "The Girl I Like". Or maybe, "There's This Girl I Know". Another maybe, "I'm Interested".

You know, something along those lines. I'm sure that you can come up with other titles!

Thanks!
    ummm okay title first got it. =P

Shouldn't we write the lyrics first and the title should be something from the chorus? =P or we can do the title first I guess XD
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:37 PM

We can always change the title to whatever we might want later also. Okay, how about a first line for the lyrics? You know how to develop lyrics and also know that they have to be able to be set to some kind of rhythm and flow for the music.

I would suggest keeping them simple, and with short phrases. What key would you like the song to be in?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:38 PM
    We can always change the title to whatever we might want later also. Okay, how about a first line for the lyrics? You know how to develop lyrics and also know that they have to be able to be set to some kind of rhythm and flow for the music.

I would suggest keeping them simple, and with short phrases. What key would you like the song to be in?

Thanks!
    lets go for the simple G key =P

G always sounds good on an acoustic piece. When I get the hang on it we ll do something harder like C or F lol
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:43 PM

The key of "G" is fine! What is your voice range, please? I need to know that in order to establish a tessitura for the range of the notes.

Also, since we're working on this together, do you mind if my name is also on the first page?

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:45 PM
    The key of "G" is fine! What is your voice range, please? I need to know that in order to establish a tessitura for the range of the notes.

Also, since we're working on this together, do you mind if my name is also on the first page?

Thanks!
    Lol my range is a just a little deeper than average.

Sure of course!! We're working on it together lol. On the first page of what?
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:03 PM

Anyway I got to crash soon clough we ll talk more about this tomorrow if I come up with some ideas ill post it, if you do post it too. On the first page of what?
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:03 PM

On the first page of actual, printed music!

Can you sing above a middle "C", maybe even to an "E" above that?

Thanks!
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:04 PM
    What would you like your name to be? I just use Clough because it's my last name.
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:07 PM
    What would you like your name to be? I just use Clough because it's my last name.
    Yah just put Jeff on it lol

I find it a little hard to sing in E but C is okay.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:13 PM

You did say that you can read music, correct? Because it would be easiest for me to write the music using a piano score. I can write it in tablabture, but it would take me longer to do that.

What would you like for the first line to be, please? Suggestion as to the number of words and syllables.

Example:
    There is a girl I've seen,
    I would'nt might to get to know.

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:16 PM
    You did say that you can read music, correct? Because it would be easiest for me to write the music using a piano score. I can write it in tablabture, but it would take me longer to do that.

What would you like for the first line to be, please? Suggestion as to the number of words and syllables.

Example:
    There is a girl I've seen,
    I would'nt might to get to know.

Thanks!
    Yah something along that lines but yah I can read music. I want the verse to be not too long and at the same not too short, the example you gave me is about the perfect length =P
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:30 PM

Would you please come up with something similar to what I've written or about the same length? We can keep developing this...

Thanks!
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:33 PM
    Would you please come up with something similar to what I've written or about the same length? We can keep developing this...

Thanks!
    Okay but its getting late and I needa sleep. Ill talk to you tomorrow about it more.
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 10:42 PM

Okay, just something simple for the words in order for us to get the music going.

I probably won't be on here until around 11:00 tomorrow night because I have to direct my barbershop chorus in a performance as well as a rehearsal after that.

Later, then...

I wish for you a good and restful sleep! :)

Thanks!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

I just want to know p are in writing minutes and what really writing [ 3 Answers ]

I just want to know the procedures in writing minutes and what really entails in writing minutes.

My first attempts at writing a song! How to make it better? [ 6 Answers ]

Hey guys this is my first attempt at writing a song, and I really need some help on the lyrics, and how to make them better. I wrote the verse, the prechorus, and part of the chorus because I got stuck.. so please help! Here's the bits I have written/. And maybe also you can suggest a title for it...

Writing a song [ 3 Answers ]

Hey! I made this post to hopefully start writing a song. Let's see how it works out.:)

I'm having issues writing a song! [ 2 Answers ]

I need to write a song, and i need help! :confused: and i can't think of lyrics- or a melody for that matter. I really need help, can you contact me, it would mean a lot if I could write this song, hopefully about love/crushes & ex's. PLEASE HELP!:p

Song writing comp [ 4 Answers ]

I don't know if I am posting this in the right spot but I am looking for a songwriting/ lyrics writing competition still open that offers cash and prizes if anyone knows any please post here. Hope you are having a good day.

View more questions Search