Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ArmyCANUCKS Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 01:43 PM
    Buying a red laptop for my girlfriend
    Hello everyone,

I will be leaving town for army training a while. Want to buy my girlfriend a laptop before I leave. I know she needs one, but she can't afford it. When I went to future shop with her, she was playing around with a red laptop. That’s her favourite color. I really don't know much about laptops. So can anyone please tell me which red laptops of any brands are reliable that are good for just downloading and browsing the interent? I don't have much money, and I am thinking of getting her one that is around $500 - $700 range. Of course if there are cheaper deals, it would be better.

Thanks again in advance!
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 01:51 PM

My boyfriend (who is a total computer nerd) says any hp. He's got one of those hp mini's. Him and two of his brothers actually. They all love them. He says he thinks it only come in a pinkish/red color though, not plain red. And the minis run around $400 I believe.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 27, 2009, 01:57 PM

HP does have a red netbook that was featured on Rachel Ray. See

HP Mini Vivienne Tam Edition – HP Product Showroom

Its very nice looking but a bit pricey. You can get much more power for less money.

Google laptop skins. You may find skins you can put on a laptop so the cover is red.
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 27, 2009, 02:02 PM

Acer Aspire One AOA150-1920 Netbook - Intel Atom N270 1.6GHz, 1GB DDR2, 160GB HDD, 10.1" WSVGA, Windows XP Home, Red LU.S560B.103 at TigerDirect.com

Acer Aspire One AOA150-1920 Netbook
    Empower yourself with the incredibly light yet remarkably productive Acer Aspire One AOA150-1920 Netbook – the thin & light netbook that weighs only 2.9 pounds. Great for getting things done - whether checking email, managing online accounts or chatting with friends - the Acer Aspire One offers a familiar operating system, with Windows XP Home, that clearly organizes everything needed to surf the Internet, work or simply have fun. This small but smart netbook comes with built-in 802.11b/g WiFi for easy access to available wireless networks. The Acer Aspire One AOA150-1920 Netbook has an 10.1-inch CrystalBrite TFT LCD with a resolution of 1024x600 pixels and features the unique Acer Crystal Eye webcam for live video streaming, video chats and conferences. Other great features include a 1.6GHz Intel Atom N270 processor, 1GB DDR2 533MHz memory, a 160GB 5400RPM hard drive for digital storage, a SD Card reader, multi-in-one media card reader, three USB 2.0 ports, and a variety of pre-loaded software. Travel light, but smart, with the Acer Aspire One AOA150-1920 Netbook.

Price: $349.99

ArmyCANUCKS Posts: 17, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 02:42 PM
    Thanks for all the quick answers guys. I forgot to write that she will probably want to watch movies on her laptop, she is a big movie geek, so I am thinking to get her with a screen that is around 14" since 10.1" seems to be a bit small for movies.
    Lowtax4eva Posts: 2,467, Reputation: 190
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 03:35 PM

I'd just like to add on a non-hardware note to only spend as much as you are willing to lose. Meaning if you guys break up don't expect her to return it...
    justcurious55 Posts: 4,360, Reputation: 790
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 04:28 PM

If she likes watching movies on it the mini is definitely NOT the thing to get then. I love to watch movies too and it drives me crazy that I can't watch them on my bf's mini (there's no cd drive. You can buy an external one. But he hasn't yet)
    This other hp looks cool though. Personally, I would love it! Haha it says it comes with a bluray player. It doesn't come in red. But you could always do like scottgem suggested and just get a skin if you went with this. I know this is towards the top of your price range, but sometimes it's cheaper in store if you go to best buy or fry's.

Buy an HP Pavilion dv6 and dv6t series notebook PC from HP® Official Store
    Krazi Posts: 358, Reputation: 70

Apr 27, 2009, 04:37 PM

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicati...714&CatId=1902

It isn't red...

Price: $479.97
    Enjoy Your Photos, Music and Video
    A 5-in-1 Media Card Reader makes it easy to access and download your photos and other digital media. Watch DVD movies and burn CDs and DVDs of your documents, pictures and music with the Super Multi Double-Layer optical drive. Store and quickly located your digital media and documents on the high-speed 250GB hard drive.

Stay Productive While Mobile
    The lightweight Acer Extensa EX4420-5910 Notebook PC, with a 14.1" widescreen display, makes it easy to take your work and digital media anywhere. Always be connected to email, files and favorite websites on-the-go with integrated 802.11b/g wireless. Windows Vista® Home Premium with SP1 provides performance for video, large database searches, or the latest games and other programs that require complex calculations and a lot of memory.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Connecting laptop to laptop using crossover cable [ 4 Answers ]

I have recently just bought a new laptop with Windows Vista.. and I am interested in transferring my files from the old laptop that uses Windows XP onto the new laptop. I purchased a crossover cable because I figured it would be the cheapest way to transfer. I am not too sure how to go about...

How do I reboot my laptop because I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop [ 3 Answers ]

How do I reboot my laptop beacause I have forgot my password to sign in to my laptop

Buying a laptop [ 1 Answers ]

I need a laptop for internet surfing, email and writing letter and saw one online that has this configuration and want to be sure if I would be able to connect to internet with DLS THROUGH PHONE LINE. THANKS Intel pentium 3 800mhz 256MB RAM 20GB hard drive CDROM DRIVE Network 10/100 Modem...

Buying a New Laptop: Europe or USA? PC or MAC? [ 1 Answers ]

The time has come! I have to get a new laptop. I have two questions I'm hoping you can help me to answer. 1) windows or mac? I've always used windows. Most people use windows. All of my programs and whatever else is on my (almost completely dead) windows PC. But mac people swear by their...

Laptop screen repair? Useful life of a laptop? [ 3 Answers ]

I have an IBM Thinkpad X40. Have had it for 3 years Spilt liquid on the screen a while ago and now, although the screen works still, it has a kind of mottled tidemark effect and is dark in places (can also see where drops of water are permanently "stuck" behind the screen). Is this fixable?...

View more questions Search