Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wist coach Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 09:03 AM
    Taking pictures while I am training on school property
    Hey guys, need some insight. I was out training on a run with some of my athlete's and ran passed my children's school on a Sunday afternoon. As I ran by I noticed my daughter at the school with her girl scout pack, saw my ex wife there also. Long story short as I came back towards the school I noticed a child who is a friend on my child out in front of the school looking towards me and kept running back towards the school parking lot, as I got closer she ran back out and then judded back to a car waiting besides some bushes in the school area, this child is 11 years old. The mother who is a teacher there and the girl scout leader was getting ready to take a picture of me running and I caught her doing it, so did the other people running with me; she is a trouble maker and always has been. My question is, she is using a 11 year old to spy on me for her own sake and taking pictures while on school property and as a girl scout leader. Is this a problem, can I go to the school and have a talk or the girl scouts? Using children for issues such as this is sick. Any help is great, thank you
    Perito Posts: 3,139, Reputation: 150
    Ultra Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:16 AM

She can use a spy -- nothing illegal about. The real question is, why would you care if a picture is being taken of you? If you're jogging and not doing anything wrong, it shouldn't matter. It's definitely not illegal to take pictures of people in public or semi-public places. Your picture is taken in Wal-Mart or similar places all the time.
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 09:18 AM

Nothing illegal has taken place and the school will not have a position on this matter. Why are you concerned that someone may have been trying to take your picture?
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Apr 28, 2009, 07:10 AM

I am familiar with the other legal problems you've posted - is your upset over the photo taking somehow related to them?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Apr 29, 2009, 06:37 AM

Hello wist:

Are you not allowed near the school?? THAT would be a reason for the pictures... Otherwise, smile when you run by.

excon
    wist coach Posts: 19, Reputation: 1

Apr 29, 2009, 07:40 AM
    I have no problem with taking pictures of myself, I put both of my children through the school and still at church there, The women taking the picture is a teacher there and again, using a child to who has no understanding why she is being used to spy on an adult. What is this child being taught and what is she saying in school to the other kids. Especially my daughter who is in her class. How's that look. People can look at me or whoever I'm with, Im a USA coach and I train people everyday in the public eye. I got issues with kids being put in the situation.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 29, 2009, 07:54 AM

What the mother is teaching her daughter is no business or concern for you. If you feel that your picture was taken for some nefarious purpose, then you can confront the picture taker and ask why she was taking your picutre and what she intended to do with it. While its legal to take pictures in a public place, the use of the pics may not be legal.

But the way I see it that's the only thing you can do.

I would talk to your daughter and find out if anything is being said about you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with taking pictures at night in lighted stadium [ 5 Answers ]

My son plays football for our local High School and I just recently bought a Kodak Easy Share Z650 Digital Camera. I am not new to the digital camera world but for some reason when taking pictures at this stadium I get all dark photos! What am I doing wrong? I have set my camera on all settings and...

Potty training taking so long! [ 7 Answers ]

I just wondered if anyone had any pearls of wisdom. I introduced a potty months ago and now my daughter is 2 I have been making a big effort to potty train but she is so inconsistent. She is 26 months and tells me when she has done a pee, likes her potty, understands but sometimes just loses...

Taking pictures from a flash-game [ 5 Answers ]

How do you take a snapshot from a game, because you can't right click it.:confused:

Taking pictures at night [ 3 Answers ]

I am having trouble taking pictures in a lighted stadium at night. I have a digital camera(about 4 months old new) and have tried everything. Should I use reg 35 mil camera or is there a setting for stadium lighting with my digital camera? I have asked this before, with no answer. Hopefully someone...

View more questions Search