Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    minda Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 08:44 AM
    1999 Dodge Ram Truck - Radio won't turn off and it drains the battery
    1999 Dodge Ram 1500 truck- When you turn off the truck and take the key out of the igination, the radio stays on and sometimes the overhead light stays on. This then drains the battery. What should I look for to fix and where should I look.:)
    TxGreaseMonkey Posts: 16,761, Reputation: 5597
    Uber Member

Apr 27, 2009, 09:27 AM

Replace the ignition switch and harness--not a difficult job. It will be similar to:

https://www.askmehelpdesk.com/cars-t...tml#post224652

Be sure to disconnect the negative battery cable first.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Truck won't start battery has a full charge ford ranger 94 5 speed manual [ 3 Answers ]

2.3 engine solinoid relay on fender clicks when try to start low voltage

79 dodge d 150 won't start or get power to the battery [ 3 Answers ]

I have a 79 dodge power wagon. Sometimes the truck would start normally and other times there would not even be power to turn on the head lights. I would mess with the battery connections and make sure things are plugged in and usually it would start up. This last time it would do nothing at all....

2001 Dodge 1500 battery drains [ 1 Answers ]

Greetings to all. This being my first post on this forum let me give some history related to my question : This is my son's truck, all the trouble lights would trip out and he would loose all inputs to the dash. No speed, gas. Nothing. He took it to Dodge and they reset the computer. He drove...

View more questions Search