Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    1Josie Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 07:58 AM
    Doxie tries to cover up his pee outside
    My doxies has just recently started to cover up his pee when he's outside. His urine has been strong & yellow last few days,I was wondering if this may be the reason he's trying to cover it up?
    mum45 Posts: 62, Reputation: 28

Apr 27, 2009, 09:29 AM

In my years of dog ownership, I have not encountered one covering up his/her urine as a new habit, although I have a golden/lab that always covers up everything! Your doxie could be experiencing some dehydration. But, if the urine is amber or any other off color, that could be some blood in the urine and should certainly be vet-checked. For my dog, depending on severity of her symptoms, if dark yellow urine, and no fever, at this point I would make sure plenty of fluids are encouraged. But this is your dog, so go with your instincts as her owner! If there are signs of fever (nose dry and warm instead of cool and moist) or urine is amber colored (like tea), orange colored, etc. a vet visit is in immediate order. If symptoms haven't changed by tomorrow after making her drink more water, I would call the vet, noting any dietary changes or if the house is hotter than it has been. At this moment, your doxie needs to drink more, for sure. I know what wonderful pals these doxies are, we have had one for 9 years!

Tip: To encourage drinking more fluids, cook a piece of chicken in plenty of water, no seasoning, to give it flavor.
    mum45 Posts: 62, Reputation: 28

Apr 28, 2009, 10:39 PM

Hey! How's the doxie? He doing any better? Have been thinking about him!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

2.4 L sunfire/cavalier cam cover removal? Or valve cover?how do I get them off? [ 6 Answers ]

I actually googled the answer to this question... and found it here on this site... but its NOT WORKING FOR ME!. SO PLEASE HELP!. here is the problem... I have a 2.4 L sunfire same as the 2.4 L cavalier.. its a twin cam... it has cam covers.. (not really valve covers I guess)... that have 10 bolts...

MTD Yard machine tries to start with key off [ 1 Answers ]

MTD lawn mower, with the key in the off position tries to start. The motor turns over. I disconnected the key swith, and tried to put the cables back on the battery but it begins to spark and the motor tries to turn over. Would the solenoid be bad? If so, with a meter how can I tell if it's bad....

Movie where guy tries to sleep with the alphabet [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I'm looking for a movie where a guy tries to sleep with a girl who's name starts with every letter of alphabet. It's a movie around the year 2000. I can't really remember much more. It takes place in a dorm and when he goes to sleep with the letter 'X' he actually falls in love with the girl....

Plants to cover concrete drain cover [ 1 Answers ]

Hi When I bought my house, no one had even raked the yard for years and I knew I had a lot of work ahead of me. Fortunately, I had been perennial gardening for some time. This was a new challenge, however, because the lot is heavily wooded, and the trees are old growth that were not cut when...

Can you help me with my Doxie-Pom? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my adorable little Doxie/Pomeranian puppy, Sparky, for a little over a week now. The Doxie is definitely predominant in him. He's been to the vet, and is being treated for parvovirus. How serious is this? The vet said it's rare for a puppy to die from it, but that doesn't exactly...

View more questions Search