Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Hawley85 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 27, 2009, 07:17 AM
    Slander at work
    Can I sue someone for slander? And how do I go about it?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Apr 27, 2009, 07:39 AM

Slander is a tort or civil action so yes you can sue. Can you prove that the person was untruthful and that it harmed your standing in your community? You must prove both to win a judgement. Collecting may be another matter.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Would I be able to sue for slander? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I had a question about slander and was not sure if I would have a case or not. I recently started a new job, and it was apparent right from the start that my supervisor did not like me and was threatened by my presence. I had held the same job that she currently the had at another...

Work References and Recommendation Slander [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, first time questioner. Had a question (two parter actually) about work history and recommendations. I was with the same company for over six years (and even got an award of excellence year five), and just the other day I contacted them for a letter of recommendation. They informed me that...

Sue for Slander? [ 5 Answers ]

My boyfriend's ex wife keeps telling everyone I hit one of their children. She has told the children it so many times it is one of the first things out of their 3 year olds mouth when I see them. "We can't be around you, you hit "tommy". I have been putting up with this and trying to bite my tongue...

Can I sue for slander [ 3 Answers ]

I have been divorced for 6yrs and remarried with my second child on the way. My ex in laws keep telling these NASTY lies like I have been molested to people all over town. After I divorced their son they started all of these sick lies about me to try to hurt me. My daughter has to hear this sick...

Slander [ 8 Answers ]

Does another employee telling my supervisor that I should not be allowed to oversee a children's workshop that my company hosts because she feels I am drunk constitute libel or slander? This person knows nothing about my lifestyle. I have never socialized with this person or any other person in the...

View more questions Search